Library is slow to load

IraJDub
Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

Hello,

I've been using Poweramp for about a decade and I recently upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. I've never encountered this problem before.

When opening the app from a closed (not background) state, it takes roughly 2 seconds for the current song to load (all data, including artwork). Swiping up from the Current Track screen, to access the containing album, is immediate. But attempting to swipe left from the Album screen to view Albums only produces animated bouncing for about 4 seconds, before finally allowing my input to navigate to Albums.
Lastly, pressing Shuffle on the Albums screen takes about 6 seconds to actually play anything. This is the most significant and unusual of the behaviors.
I've used this app on my Motorola Droid 3, LG G2, OnePlus One, OnePlus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G (2022), and do not recall ever having this issue before now using this Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. It seems very strange that the most powerful phone I've owned would be the only one with this issue, so I'm at a bit of a loss. Hopefully it is not a hardware issue.

I'm running build-976-uni [976009-91eb5a0] and I have File Access Legacy Mode enabled per this thread.

I have 11199 tracks / 92.06GB.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 hour ago, IraJDub said:

I'm running build-976-uni [976009-91eb5a0] and I have File Access Legacy Mode enabled per this thread.

This is likely the issue. You will probably have to disable the Legacy mode. It will happen eventually anyhow. Once disabled, remove all associated folders. Then add your medai folder back and grant access when requested by the OS. Allow Poweramp to scan again and your speeds should be back to normal.

30 minutes ago, MotleyG said:

This is likely the issue. You will probably have to disable the Legacy mode. It will happen eventually anyhow. Once disabled, remove all associated folders. Then add your medai folder back and grant access when requested by the OS. Allow Poweramp to scan again and your speeds should be back to normal.

I installed the web version to enable Legacy Mode because I was having this problem with the Play version. It didn't fix it, but I haven't reverted yet.

Legacy / non-legacy mode is not an issue here - it's only affects scanning time and Poweramp is optimized and quite fast in normal mode scanning on the recent devices. Is Poweramp actually finished with the scan on your device (Settings / Library shows no progress)?

If you have a Play Store licence, the normal install method is to download from the Play Store (you'll get updates that way too) and then over-install with any website versions only if you particularly want to - for example to use Legacy File Access Mode.

On modern Android devices, I'd suggest it's usually better to start with the default (aka SAF) file mode though, and put all your music into a single folder (e.g. "My Music") to which you then grant access; all of its subfolders will be available by default too. I tend to put a .nomedia file in that master folder too, which prevents Android from scanning the same file structure which might help avoid clashes.

Andre 

• Solution

Just to check, when you reinstalled make sure you did not retain your previous settings/data, and have not (as yet anyway) restored any backed up options from an Export Settings file. If you did restore any old settings, it might be worth disabling any Crossfade and buffer options.

I personally tend to avoid using system folders for my audio (I don't use the Android "Music" folder for example) as there is user-control over it. Android does not allow you to place a .nomedia file in the system Music folder to restrict unwanted system scanner access for example.

If none of this helps, it might be an idea to send a logfile to Max (using Settings=>Get Support=>Send Log to gpmaxmpz [at] gmail.com ) which demonstrates this issue.

Andre

Well, it's fixed, but unfortunately I don't know what the problem was.

I uninstalled once more and deleted all the files/settings. Then upon a fresh install, I selected the music folder and tested. No issue.
I then imported one setting selection at a time, testing in between each import.
Now all of my settings are imported and the issue remains resolved.