Preset not switching back

Hi all,

Just did the last update and I have some issue.

I use one global setted and memorised custom preset.

Since now when listening on a song which demands a bit more bass or treble I was just turbibg the buttons and when the song edns and next one starts the turned up bass/treble was going back as according the preset setting.

Now this is not working abd when I turn a bit the bass and switch to next song the bass still remains the same value and not returnibg to its preset setting.

Tried all without success, please help.

When your music is playing, long-press on the metadata line at the bottom of the Player Screen, which will show you the Audio Info processing details. In the 'DSP' section you should see a line titled 'Preset' which will indicate if any particular EQ Preset is in use at the moment, and if it has been triggered due to a saved setting. As you change songs, does that alter? If you are not using a Preset at all and PA is using the default (unnamed) EQ values (including your adjusted but unsaved adjustments) the Preset line won't be shown at all and your tweaked values should be in use.

image.png 

Andre

Yes it is showing my preset when i do that trick, but in the moment i change the bass/treble my preset is not there anymore and shows only "preset"

When switching to another song it stays like this and not turning back to the assigned my preset.

Any other ideas?

@Adrian Hristov there is a small issue when Song and Device presets are assigned/intermixed. Unfortunately neither me nor 500k+ beta users catched that prior the release.

This will be fixed in the next builds, a bit more earlier - on the beta channel. 

The intended logic is:

• if song preset is assigned to the song, it's activated
  • if device preset is assigned and device is connected, the preset is activated
  • if none of the above, previously user selected preset is activated
  • if no such preset exists, default preset is used

1 hour ago, Adrian Hristov said:

There should be some tricky option to fix the things, otherwise if waiting for next release it will come probably along with santa klaus....

How do you expect some "tricky option" to fix things other than by an updated release of the app? Recent maintenance updates have been released on June 6, June 15, July 3, July 8 - I wish Santa came that often! 

Andre

3 hours ago, Adrian Hristov said:

Well I dodn't get much of that, but I paid for PA and since the update didn't had this issue.

There should be some tricky option to fix the things, otherwise if waiting for next release it will come probably along with santa klaus....

🙄

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

How do you expect some "tricky option" to fix things other than by an updated release of the app? Recent maintenance updates have been released on June 6, June 15, July 3, July 8 - I wish Santa came that often! 

Andre

That update frequency looks strange, via GooglePlay i get 2-3 updates/year, not every month...

On 7/26/2023 at 2:13 PM, Adrian Hristov said:

Well I dodn't get much of that, but I paid for PA and since the update didn't had this issue.

You could export all your settings, downgrade to 941-945 which does not have that issue, import your settings back and you can wait for as long as it takes.

Edited by mirko77

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

@andrewilley I read the issue was fixed so I updated to build 971-976.

I'm still experiencing issues with preset selections when switching devices. The correct preset is applied around 5 or 6 times out of 10 attempts. Additionally, I'm encountering random volume changes; for instance, when switching between headphones and car speakers, the volume sometimes changes unexpectedly. This occurs about 1 in 10 times and is quite disruptive.

Given the intermittent nature of the problem and the amount of time that has passed, I've decided to revert to using version 941-945. However, in this version, there's another issue where Replay Gain tags aren't read correctly when I add new files to my phone. I often have to re-tag, rename folders, rescan, and restart the app before it works as expected. This issue isn't present in the latest versions (971-976).

So, I have to choose between reliable EQ presets and consistent Replay Gain tag readings.

I just found out by trial and error that Poweramp 941-945 does not read RG tags track gain when they are in UPPERCASE letters, Poweramp  941-945 only understands lower-case ReplayGain tags as confirmed by other users

I re-tagged my files in lowercase, did a full rescan and now the tags are read correctly.

At last, I  get consistent device presets and loudness levels.

Yes, there was an issue in older Poweramp builds with uppercase Replay Gain album offsets not being read correctly, which is fixed on newer builds.

As far as EQ presets go, it does sound like either another preset could be kicking in and overriding the device-specific one, or the BT device name is not being reliably passed to Poweramp. A logfile immediate after a track change which causes the mis-detect might help.

EQ Preset priority is: song first, then category (album/folder/genre/etc), then any specifically named device (a particular BT or USB device for example), then the generic output mode, and finally the fallback default. 

Andre