Multiple CDs support?

robbie99us

Morning guys, I'm sure this is probably an already answered question but I only could find old threads about it. Is there a way or a format so that Poweramp recognizes subfolders as multiple CDs? My current folder structure is like this:

Artist\(year) - Album Title [source type] [quality]\CD1 or CD2 (if multiple CDs were ripped)

Every CD rip is made with EAC with their respective .log file, .m3u playlist file and .cue file.

So, is there a way to show like mutiple CDs inside an album? like categorized or structured. TIA

Screenshot 2023-06-22 111405.png

Just use the 'Folders Hierarchy' library category, you'll see the storage layout exactly as you created it.

Or if you use Albums category, and sort by Disc#/Track#, you'll see all of the tracks for Disc 1 first, then Disc 2, etc.

Oh, and if the CDs were ripped to individual tagged files for each track, don't copy the extra M3U or CUE files over as they'll just confuse the situation.

Andre

You have the "Number of CDs" and "CD Number" in EAC. At least mp3 v2.3 tags are properly tagged with the TPOS tag. I'm not sure if it works with flac files, but I would assume that the DISC number tags are also properly tagged by EAC.

I do set the CD numbers for the individual discs, but in my opinion the small print disc numbers in Poweramp is to small. So what I do is that I append [CD1] to the Album title, that way it's clearly separated in the lists. And if the second disc is something like extras or instrumental, then I will append something like "[CD2] - Extras".

image.png.b7fe24e41a5ec34391b066451359b516.png

3 hours ago, 6b6561 said:

I'm not sure if it works with flac files, but I would assume that the DISC number tags are also properly tagged by EAC.

MP3 files store both the disc number and (optionally) the total amount of discs in the ID3 TPOS tag in the form <Disc#> / <TotalDiscs>

FLAC (Vorbis) uses the DISCNUMBER tag for the disc number, and optionally TOTALDISCS or DISCTOTAL for the amount of discs.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

MP3 files store both the disc number and (optionally) the total amount of discs in the ID3 TPOS tag in the form <Disc#> / <TotalDiscs>

FLAC (Vorbis) uses the DISCNUMBER tag for the disc number, and optionally TOTALDISCS or DISCTOTAL for the amount of discs.

In addition to what @andrewilley has provided, the MP4 format (ALAC/m4a, etc also use separate tags similar to how FLAC does this.

1 hour ago, 6b6561 said:

What I meant is that I'm not sure if EAC does the right thing

Yes it does. For example, EAC populates disc number two of three discs as TPOS = "2/3":

| - Tag 'TPOS' (4 bytes):
  |     0088: 00 32 2f 33                                     [.2/3]

Or you can edit the tags later of course.

Andre