Importing AutoEQ presets, and L-R pan EQ options

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your quick reply.

I've found my HD560s headphones on the AutoEQ web site but can't figure out how to download the data to a text file, can you help?

In your next major update could you possibly have separate EQ's for AutoEQ and personal EQ (for a persons hearing). Adding personal hearing to the excellent parametric AutoEQ will mess it up. Neutron have done this and it works very well but I can't use Neutron with my LG ThinQ app for TV listening.

@eq48 if you mean github site, there are Raw button to the top/right which gives raw (text) file that can be saved.

The update will include all those presets in Equalizer db (searchable by device name in Presets) and will optionally suggest applying it if the device is detected.

I've loaded the AutoEQ file into PAEQ ok. However non of the PAEQ controls eg preamp affect the music from various players that I've tried eg Musicolet. I tried stopping and closing/restarting the players and also re-booted my phone, Samsung S10plus. No other equalizers are operating. Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, eq48 said:

owever non of the PAEQ controls eg preamp affect the music from various players that I've tried eg Musicolet. 

Have you enabled the audio apps that you are using in the 'Known Players' list in PA-EQ Settings=>Equalizer ? Unless ticked in that list, app output won't be equalized. Also make sure the app isn't using hi-res playback or certain system tools such as Dolby Atmos, etc.

Andre 

1. I've created an additional preset by importing from AutoEQ ok, but how do you create a new preset, to populate manually, without importing?

2. Is it possible to import an EQ text file from the Peace app?

13 minutes ago, eq48 said:

1. I've created an additional preset by importing from AutoEQ ok, but how do you create a new preset, to populate manually, without importing?

2. Is it possible to import an EQ text file from the Peace app?

1) Just tap Save and assign a new name. If you want to start from a flat base, load the flat preset first.

2) Not directly as their .peace file format is very different from AutoEQ or PA's own format. That said, it's pretty easy to understand both layouts so you could translate from one set of values to the other in a text editor.

Andre

30 minutes ago, eq48 said:

I saw vertical sliders for the band gains somewhere instead of rotary knobs? Is that an option for the android PAEQ app?

Vertical sliders are the the only method for +/- gain adjustments.

For parametric Freq and Q, controls are knobs (or long-press for precise text entry).

Andre

I did a close all apps on my Samsung S10 plus to stop it running, then opened it but it was showing the Parametric screen with rotary knobs, not the above screen. I'm still on the trial app at the mo but will be getting the paid one soon. ps its the PAEQ app.

ps Is there a user guide available?

Edited by eq48

Thanks again for your help.

I presume separate Left and Right ear eq's are not possible with the graphic equalizer?

I'm happy to report that with the help of the Advanced Player Tracking, I can now listen to my LG OLED TV with equalization for my HD 520s Headphones and left an right ears independently using the LG ThinQ app and PAEQ with AutoEQ. Sounds great especially with some of the drama and film soundtracks.

42 minutes ago, eq48 said:

I presume separate Left and Right ear eq's are not possible with the graphic equalizer?

Correct, that can be done with the L-R pan toggle at the top of each individual band of the Parametric mode, but the Graphic mode is applied to both channels.

Andre

I've just bought the paid version so that I can import the AutoEQ text files, but they are grey'd out and not selectable when I select Import. Do I need to change the format from the AutoEQ version:

Preamp: -6.4 dB
Filter 1: ON LS Fc 105 Hz Gain 6.5 dB Q 0.70
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 2686 Hz Gain -5.5 dB Q 0.58
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 117 Hz Gain -3.3 dB Q 0.80
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 5552 Hz Gain 8.7 dB Q 1.38
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 680 Hz Gain 2.5 dB Q 0.66
Filter 6: ON HS Fc 10000 Hz Gain 5.5 dB Q 0.70
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 7386 Hz Gain -2.1 dB Q 4.36
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 4052 Hz Gain -1.2 dB Q 6.00
Filter 9: ON PK Fc 236 Hz Gain -1.5 dB Q 6.00
Filter 10: ON PK Fc 296 Hz Gain 0.8 dB Q 3.23

54 minutes ago, eq48 said:

I've just bought the paid version so that I can import the AutoEQ text files, but they are grey'd out and not selectable when I select Import.

Could you post a screenshot of what you mean by files being greyed out? The file selecting portion of the process is handled by the Android system, so .txt files should not be greyed out.

Or you could just use your chosen file explorer app and tap on the .txt file and choose to open it in Poweramp Equalizer, which should do the same thing and import the EQ settings.

Andre

First screenshot files opened by PAEQ Input, greyed out and can't click on them.

2nd shot same files, Android My Files app, not grey'd out and can open to get screenshot 3.

Can't see a way to open the file in PAEQ using the My Files android app.

Screenshot_20230315_172154_Files[1].jpg

Screenshot_20230315_172226_My_Files[1].jpg

Screenshot_20230315_172238_HTML_Viewer[1].jpg

Edited by eq48

31 minutes ago, eq48 said:

First screenshot files opened by PAEQ Input, greyed out and can't click on them.

2nd shot same files, Android My Files app, not grey'd out and can open to get screenshot 3.

Can't see a way to open the file in PAEQ using the My Files android app.

Try copying these files into the Poweramp folder. Odds are SAF is restricting access to the app for these in your standard "Documents" folder.

The My Files app doesn't always offer the same as other File Explorers by way of external apps to open files.

I use Solid Explorer for example, and you can see the difference when trying to open a .txt file:

image.png

image.png

And here's the My Files list of options for opening the same .txt file:

image.png

Andre

16 hours ago, MotleyG said:

Try copying these files into the Poweramp folder. Odds are SAF is restricting access to the app for these in your standard "Documents" folder.

Do I paste the AutoEQ files into the 'files' folder here? Is the milk_presets folder for skins?

Screenshot_20230316_103922_Files.thumb.jpg.86004a3a27a7c656cdf0a9da885ef713.jpg