.lrc files.

eddie_the_man

So I've been testing the new sync lyrics feature and it works almost 100%. PA don't read some lrc files (?!). I tried sometimes putting different lrc files and it only works with some. Sometimes feels like I have to exit the app and restart it for the lrc file to be scanned. 

Thanks. 

Apart from that works fine! Great job. 

@eddie_the_man normal rescan will pick up new LRC files. Between recent betas I would suggest also using Full Rescan, but it's should not be required. Lrc file is loaded and parsed each time you open the Lyrics UI.

Lrc files are matched vs songs using title, album, artist, length, filename, and folder. This means some Lrc may be not matched to tracks as they may have conflicting "tags" (ti:, al:, ar:) or length (le:). Length should be within +/-2sec as of build 950 as there is no point in showing Lrc file for the different track duration.

48 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@eddie_the_man normal rescan will pick up new LRC files. Between recent betas I would suggest also using Full Rescan, but it's should not be required. Lrc file is loaded and parsed each time you open the Lyrics UI.

Lrc files are matched vs songs using title, album, artist, length, filename, and folder. This means some Lrc may be not matched to tracks as they may have conflicting "tags" (ti:, al:, ar:) or length (le:). Length should be within +/-2sec as of build 950 as there is no point in showing Lrc file for the differ

@maxmp thanks!

6 minutes ago, eddie_the_man said:

I changed the file folder and it stopped reading it. 

Both the audio file and the LRC file need to be in the same folder location, with the exact same base filename. A rescan should find it, but if not try a Full Rescan. Or just use a tag editor to embed the contents of the LRC file into your audio file, then there's no need to copy a separate item around at all.

Andre

1 minute ago, andrewilley said:

Both the audio file and the LRC file need to be in the same folder location, with the exact same base filename. A rescan should find it, but if not try a Full Rescan. Or just use a tag editor to embed the contents of the LRC file into your audio file, then there's no need to copy a separate item around at all.

Andre

All my lrc files are in one folder. And pretty much all of them work. But thanks again!

@andrewilley btw, LRC files are also matched by their tags, simplified rules are:

- LRC length (if exists) should be within +/-2 sec from track duration
- title + artist + album if exists + length if exists (LRC can be anywhere in the Music Folders)
- folder + file name + length if exists (LRC should be in the same folder as track)

Spoiler

Rules are actually a bit more complicated (first column is priority, higher priority wins):

1000 folder_path + title/artist/album + lengthS

900 folder_path + title/artist + lengthS

800 title/artist/album + lengthS

700 title/artist + lengthS
600 folder_path/simpleFilename or name_without_number + lengthS
500 folder_path/title + lengthS