Jump to content

Samsung S22+ & Samsung Galaxy buds Pro2 BT unequal volume


IndyDave
 Share

Go to solution Solved by IndyDave,

Recommended Posts

Left ear bud much lower volume vs right. If I change audio players (on same phone), volume is normal and equal. If I switch to my Samsung S8 with Power Amp - again the buds work normally. I have read the FAQ's and google searched for resolution. I have changed settings - DVC, etc and nothng has made a difference.

 

a lil help?

 

Thanks

PA Build: 939 bundle play 

Android 12

Samsung S22+

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, IndyDave said:

Left ear bud much lower volume vs right. If I change audio players (on same phone), volume is normal and equal. If I switch to my Samsung S8 with Power Amp - again the buds work normally. I have read the FAQ's and google searched for resolution. I have changed settings - DVC, etc and nothng has made a difference.

 

a lil help?

 

Thanks

PA Build: 939 bundle play 

Android 12

Samsung S22+

try to adjust the volume of the buds themselves through the Galaxy wearable app by setting touch actions to volume and set them both the highest setting. After that you can lower them as you like, should be both the same volume level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ░▒▓█ クリス █▓▒░ said:

try to adjust the volume of the buds themselves through the Galaxy wearable app by setting touch actions to volume and set them both the highest setting. After that you can lower them as you like, should be both the same volume level.

Thanks. That's not the issue. The app allows you to increase or lower the volume for both buds - one side increases and the other side is then set to the opposite function (lowering).

 

Remember - I mentioned that I can change music apps (on the S22 +, and the sound returns to being  equal and normal volume in both buds). So that seems to indicate that the issue is with Power Amp somehow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Go into the EQ screen and on page two you can adjust the left-right balance.

Andre

Hi. Thanks. Not the issue. balance is set in the middle.

I've uninstalled PA, clearing data and catch, and reinstalled PA. No change in issue. I only imported playlists (no settings) . Another note:  If I  keep the left ear bud in and put the right one in the case, the volume in the left seems to go to 'normal'.

Still have this issue. i can play whatever song PA is playing on any other player on my phone, and it plays normally with equal volume in both buds.

AFAIK, using a USB-C to aux out converter to plug into my aux input in my car has equal volume as well - I will confirm, but I've never noticed a L-R balance issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If this helps:

 

08:41:46.834 build-939-bundle-play
Device: samsung samsung SM-S906U g0qsqw taro "qcom" g0q SP1A.210812.016.S906USQS2AVHH [arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, armeabi]

taro is_snapdragon
samsung
FLAG_VARIANT_SAMSUNG_UHQA
is_snapdragon taro
2 changelist=24854392
USB can handle Hi-Res - sdk=31
OK flags=0x136708400000000
FLAG_VARIANT_SAMSUNG_UHQA
FLAG_SUPPORTS_USB
FLAG_NEEDS_EXTRA_SLEEPS
FLAG_SUPPORTS_SPEAKER
FLAG_OUT_PARAMS_UNDETECTABLE
FLAG_SUPPORTS_LDAC
FLAG_DLFCN
FLAG_ALLOW_DVC_EFFECT
FLAG_BT_DVC_EFFECT
FLAG_STOP_FOR_PAUSE
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_384K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_352K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_192K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_176K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_96K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_88K

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@IndyDave other than the Balance knob in Poweramp there is nothing in the app which can do such channels uneven volume. Please note that on Samsungs system wide balance is also available (search device settings for "Left/right sound balance), but this should apply for all sound sources, except calls.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@IndyDave other than the Balance knob in Poweramp there is nothing in the app which can do such channels uneven volume. Please note that on Samsungs system wide balance is also available (search device settings for "Left/right sound balance), but this should apply for all sound sources, except calls.

Thanks.

I've done more troubleshooting - and - I get this issue with everything I try to output the S22+ to - cars, other BT headphones. AND - it is NOT isolated to Power Amp! So - I'll look elsewhere. I have continued to use my S8 for audio since getting the S22+ - so this has probably been going on and I just didn't know it.

It is interesting that another audio program does play the left bud louder (vs PA) but it's clear in other applications that the left channel fall out is ever present. I'll follow up with Samsung.

Thank you all for your suggestions - 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Solution

Just to come full circle - in googling this issue, i came across these settings that were causing the issue. Accessibility>hearing enhancements> scroll down and viola! Here we have the issue.  This has to have been a "pocket" menu access change - as I have never changed this setting, or been in this area.

Thanks again.

Screenshot_20220928-105810_Accessibility.thumb.jpg.355a2d89fb4b68db941106cb66444fb7.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@andrewilley  Yes - well - stain on me!

All I can think of is that on the simple app I was using to compare the audio output on the samsung earbuds somehow provided more left signal gain vs PA. But it was quite evident on all players when using other headphones and both cars.  

You were on the right track (I had checked that in PA as well). Who knew they would hide audio balance controls for the entire phone under an accessibility menu?!?

Edited by IndyDave
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...