A 'Classical Music' skin / theme

Wolksby

Hi,

I am delighted with the way my Poweramp now works, thanks particulatly to such helpful advice and action from Theo Klink, who developed the partner 'Playlist Manager' app

I'm not that big on how the app looks on the phone, and am far more concerned with its functionality.

Accordingly I bought a Poweramp Blue skin, and find that visually it is enough for me.

However, given that my Music Collection is almost exclusively 'classical-music' orientated, I was just wondering whether anyone knew of a skin out there, which visually caters for the classical musican, rather than a rock/jazz one. The icing on the cake, so to speak!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanking you in anticipation!

Hi Andre, I've been giving your question some thought and think I have come up with a skin that is both aesthetically pleasing, but also nostalgic - the days of the old silver amplifier, hi-fi era that I grew up in.

Its a retro metallic skin from Poweramp, which I think will visually complement the kind of music in my collection.

I'll buy it and see what it looks like  on my S22.

Many thanks, as ever, for your interest and valued input.

Best wishes!

W

8 hours ago, Wolksby said:

Hi Andre, I've been giving your question some thought and think I have come up with a skin that is both aesthetically pleasing, but also nostalgic - the days of the old silver amplifier, hi-fi era that I grew up in.

Its a retro metallic skin from Poweramp, which I think will visually complement the kind of music in my collection.

I'll buy it and see what it looks like  on my S22.

Many thanks, as ever, for your interest and valued input.

Best wishes!

W

Just watch the "last updated" dates on these skins. Some have not been supported in over a couple of years, even for v3. For any that haven't been updated in the last couple of months, there are features that have been introduced in PA that break the skin, or cause some issues with the display.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd rather need one which allows me to specify which tags exactly to show (eg I have consistently WORK, TITLE, COMPOSER, CONDUCTOR, ENSEMBLE), but I reckon this is beyond PA and its themes. Well, it's a player after all. Not a tag monster like fb2k. 

Edited by Squeller

40 minutes ago, Squeller said:

I'd rather need one which allows me to specify which tags exactly to show (eg I have consistently WORK, TITLE, COMPOSER, CONDUCTOR, ENSEMBLE), but I reckon this is beyond PA and its themes. Well, it's a player after all. Not a tag monster like fb2k. 

TITLE and COMPOSER are tag fields that are more commonly found in most players. WORK, CONDUCTOR, and ENSEMBLE (as well as MOVEMENTNAME, MOVEMENT, MOVEMENTTOTAL) are far less supported outside of the PC world. And even there the support is limited to some players like fb2k and MusicBee. I think finding a mobile player (today) with support for these may be a tall order, as these would need to become part of their local database scan - and would add a significant amount of time to the scan time for large libraries. But maybe someday - one will allow users to specify tags that they want to use in their library.

54 minutes ago, Squeller said:

I'd rather need one which allows me to specify which tags exactly to show (eg I have consistently WORK, TITLE, COMPOSER, CONDUCTOR, ENSEMBLE), but I reckon this is beyond PA and its themes. 

Correct, PA doesn't even read most of those tags, so there's nothing a skin could do to display them.

Even if Max implements the idea of customisable display fields soon (using formatting strings such as "%title%", "%album% - %artist%", etc) that would still not populate the information you are asking about into the database. Maybe it might be an idea to scan for some of the more obscure tags as part of adding customising options, so people can choose from more than what is currently available?

Andre

I will probably rather mess with tags so they just display right in PA. Replace %album% with work, and as an artist use composer with conductor and orchestra abbreviation. As for names only use surnames. Have created that fb2k code quite often.

Edited by Squeller