Playlists won't import after reinstall.

Cpasley

I hit a glitch (probably my fault) with a audio setting in Poweramp so decided to uninstall and reinstall. While this reset the audio change I made which is what I wanted I can't reinstall any of my 48 playlists, I exported them all before the reinstall. When I search my folders for m3u files it only finds 20. Those were just sitting randomly on my SD card, now when I go to select which folder I want Poweramp to scan I can't just choose my SD card, I have to select a specific folder which is no problem since all my music is in a folder like that. So I put all the 20 m3u files in that folder yet Poweramp still will not recognize them. So how do I fix this and where did my other playlists go? I spent many many hours on these and can't fathom having to start over. TIA

1 hour ago, Cpasley said:

I hit a glitch (probably my fault) with a audio setting in Poweramp so decided to uninstall and reinstall. While this reset the audio change I made which is what I wanted I can't reinstall any of my 48 playlists, I exported them all before the reinstall. When I search my folders for m3u files it only finds 20. Those were just sitting randomly on my SD card, now when I go to select which folder I want Poweramp to scan I can't just choose my SD card, I have to select a specific folder which is no problem since all my music is in a folder like that. So I put all the 20 m3u files in that folder yet Poweramp still will not recognize them. So how do I fix this and where did my other playlists go? I spent many many hours on these and can't fathom having to start over. TIA

What folder did you export them into, and did you clear this folder before you reinstalled PA?

There are two types of Playlist, 'Internal' - i.e. a list of songs that you created within Poweramp using the '+Playlist' feature - and 'External', which are loaded from .M3U or .M3U8 playlist files kept somewhere on your device's storage. You can export (back up) the internal type to physical files if you want, which would result in a set of .M3U8 files (not .M3U). You can also use the Settings=>Export Settings/Data feature to backup and later restore all playlists to a new device (restore the backup with Import Settings/Data).

You need to check where in you device's storage you saved your exported playlists to, and then copy the .M3U8 files to somewhere that has been granted access via Poweramp's 'Music Folders' menu (in Settings=>Library). PA will then notice and scan them in automatically, and it will try to match up the same song files as before in the current Library database.

Andre