Chromecast unstable in Poweramp build 939

AC42

I've noticed recently that when casting to my stereo pair of Google Home Max speakers (from my galaxy s21 ultra) that the connection drops in and out. Oftentimes the playback will stop, and when I hit play the track counter will tick forward a few seconds without sound, and then it will jump back. I thought it was an issue with my speakers, but then I tried casting from YouTube Music and it works just fine from it. Unfortunately, casting with Poweramp has become unusable. 

Mines broken again and I have no idea why, worked for a few days almost a week from factory reset then capped itself again so weird. I've reset all my settings no dice, I'm not doing another factory reset and shouldn't have to. Starting to get annoyed at this point. 

29 minutes ago, Jeffreydow said:

Mines broken again and I have no idea why, worked for a few days almost a week from factory reset then capped itself again so weird. I've reset all my settings no dice, I'm not doing another factory reset and shouldn't have to. Starting to get annoyed at this point. 

It is Google constantly making changes on the back end side of how Chromecast works. That is why even without any changes to your apps or devices, the service works one day, but not the next. And then works again later. Every time a Cast request is started, a handshake is done on their side, whether this is for streaming services (most are) or local sharing (like Poweramp does). If the handshake doesn't happen, then casting is unavailable, even if you can see both devices on your network.

Streaming services and their bit rates are adjusted on the fly based on available bandwidth through the internet to your playback device. Local services, once the handshake is acknowledged, share the full bandwidth of the files through your network, but if a bottleneck occurs due to signal strength or traffic on that network you will hear it with stuttering or pauses. This is due to the real-time transfer of the audio.

Edited by MotleyG