"Open SL ES" is not turning off

Mr. Max

You can't have 'no method' assigned for any given output, so you can't turn off the active method. Just enable the new one and the old one will become disabled.

@maxmp As more methods got added to the list, I've started to feel for a while that the hierarchy ordering of the Output menu is no longer very user-friendly, as illustrated by this question. I would much prefer for the output devices to all be listed in the first level of menu, with the various technical methods for each device laid out underneath. Perhaps even with no drill-downs at all, allowing the options to be chosen on a single screen using your nifty new oval-shaped radio buttons, thus:

Wired Headset/AUX
        (OpenSL ES)  (AudioTrack)  (AAudio)  (Hi-Res)  ⚙
    Speaker
    Bluetooth
    USB DAC
    Other Output Devices
    Chromecast
       ⚙
    Restore Defaults

I think that would be a much simpler and more intuitive way to achieve the same ends.

Andre

@andrewilley i tried that you said. Look firstly "open sl es" by default turned on. And i turned on "hi res audio" for "wired headset" after i go to now playing screen. Than it still showing audio output is "open sl es ,48khz" even i turned on "hi res audio, 192khz" output. In short "hi-res audio" output is not applying even after we turned on "hi-res audio" from setting.😔20220804_205543.thumb.jpg.f5905b4de3a0353482dabad2c5cfe1f8.jpg

1 hour ago, Mr. Max said:

@andrewilley i tried that you said. Look firstly "open sl es" by default turned on. And i turned on "hi res audio" for "wired headset" after i go to now playing screen. Than it still showing audio output is "open sl es ,48khz" even i turned on "hi res audio, 192khz" output. In short "hi-res audio" output is not applying even after we turned on "hi-res audio" from setting.😔

What is your device, does it support this format on the headphone output?

@MotleyG device :Samsung galaxy j8 android 10. And yes my device support high res audio output. And also my device have "Samsung Ultra High Quality Audio" support. In past days my Poweramp was support "hires 192khz" but from few days my Poweramp not able to support "hires audio" it only support "open sl es" output even with "hires 192khz" option turned on.