Poweramp and Amazon Music Issues

Rebart69

I am new to this forum and am looking for some help. I have been using Poweramp for about 2 years on my android phone and really love this app. It does everything I want and need and then some. I have been purchasing and downloading music from Amazon Music for many years now. I am "old school" and believe in owning my songs. About last January 2022, Amazon threw me a curve ball and changed the folder to which it was downloading the music files. I was able to locate the new folder and copy the files to the folder that Poweramp could see. Now recently, Amazon changed its downloads again and I cannot find the folder too which the downloads are going and I believe they may be encrypting the files. 

How can I get Poweramp to see the new downloads from Amazon Music ?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, Rebart69 said:

How can I get Poweramp to see the new downloads from Amazon Music ?

Is there a place in the Amazon app that lets you define this storage location? I would start there.

1 hour ago, Rebart69 said:

and I believe they may be encrypting the files

If this is the case, Poweramp will not be able to play these files. But DRM has been removed from most download vendors. I would be surprised if Amazon put it back.

Andrewilley - I have done that and previously the files were in a subfolder of com.amazon.mp3 called "purchased". Now (as of two weeks ago) the purchased folder does not exist. Under the com.amaazon.mp3 folder are hundreds of subfolders like "01" or "10" , "11", "a1", etc.  in these folders are files like "B09WTJJCNL.High.0" ..

• 3 weeks later...

On Windows Amazon Music downloads to my PC just fine for purchased music and files are not encrypted. Also, amazon music on the PC allows you to specify where you want your music downloads to be saved. The only time I've seen the folders like @Rebart69 mentions (01, 10, 11, a1, etc) is if you attempt to download something you are allowed to play in Amazon Music but have not purchased.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For music I've bought from Amazon Music it places it in the folder I specified in Amazon Music for downloads which I set as "Music\Amazon Music Downloads", works perfectly every time. If you happen to click the download button for music that is free to listen, but you have not purchased, it creates some unheavenly encrypted directory structure that will allow you to "play the music offline" in Amazon Music (to me this seems fair). But for the music you've bought it downloads as a folder of the artist and a folder under that for the album and then the track(s) and cover art in the album folder. You are then free to copy/move that anywhere just like any other files.

• 9 months later...
On 7/21/2022 at 4:11 AM, Rebart69 said:

MotleyG - Thanks for your reply ... No there is not a place in the Amazon Music app to define download location.

All downloads from Amazon Music are caches so you can't find or play them on your device. If you encountered issues when using Amazon Music on Poweramp, you can try to download Amazon Music songs as local files by using ViWizard Amazon Music converter and then import them to Poweramp. Maybe this page can help you find the best way to stream Amazon Music on Powerramp. 

viwizard.png

Edited by chen y m
find the related and useful information.