For adding features

Fuad Hasan

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

One simple way to get around the issue of recurrence of songs in subsequent shuffle sessions is to build a random playlist and then keep returning to that until it's finished. It's actually really easy to do:

To set it up: Go into the All Songs category, tap 'Select', choose 'All', then add everything to a new playlist using the '+Playlist' icon. Note: a fairly new feature allows you to long-press on the '+Playlist' icon to set it to Shuffle mode, so any items added to a playlist can be pre-shuffled - neat!

To listen: Open your newly created list in the Playlists category, and tap the 'Play' icon.

If you want the song and playback-position to be remembered for next time, go into the playlist's List Options menu and tick both 'List Position' and 'Per-Track Progress'. Then it doesn't matter what you do in the meantime, your shuffled playlist will be ready and waiting for you to continue listening later - just tap its Play icon again.

And it doesn't have to be All Songs of course, you could build from any sub-category of music that you wish - such as a Genre, or something from Folders Hierarchy. Or even make several shuffled playlists, each for a different purpose, and they will all remember where you had previously got to and won't repeat anything within that list.

Andre

Request no.9:

The option of storing list position in every all songs list would be a nice solution too.

https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/20646-store-list-position-in-all-genre-songs-list/

Regards

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, GeilerHeinz said:

The option of storing list position in every all songs list would be a nice solution too.

https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/20646-store-list-position-in-all-genre-songs-list/

Wouldn't help with reshuffles, which is the issue referred to above. And let's try not to keep adding to the items in this thread, it's already too fragmented. I'd like to pull the Shuffle stuff out into its own thread, but it starts in the same posts as the "zap" comments.

Andre

Thanks Andre. I'll try your approach with new random list though, now you can see why it would be useful to have smart playlist in PA. I could choose music folder as a playlist and everytime I add new songs, random playlist would get updated with new songs. I must keep track did I put recently added songs to that new random playlist or not... Bit complicated but...yeah.

Sorry for making little mess out of this topic...