Store list position in all genre songs list

The regular Library Category lists (Folders, Albums, Artists, Years, Genres, etc) are not intended to be rearranged manually, they have configurable sorting features which reflect the category you are working with.

If you want to move songs around and make your own lists manually, that's what Playlists are for. You can easily create a new Playlist containing everything in your entire music library with just a few taps, and then mix it up however you like: Library > All Songs > Select > All > Add to Playlist.

Andre

• 2 months later...
On 1/28/2021 at 7:59 PM, GeilerHeinz said:

Is it possible to add the option of storing the list position for lists such as the all genre songs list? 

At the moment this option is only available for playlists. 

Regards 

Could this be implemented for all different kind of All songs lists e.g. All album artist songs and All genre songs?

Regards 

• 9 months later...

@GeilerHeinz Don't forget that this option is per individual grouping - so it settable per each separate Playlist or individual Folder - it is not a global setting for all playlists or all folders. So the same logic would presumably apply to other categories. Thus you would need to enable it for each particular genre, or album, or artist, etc.

Andre

@maxmp Thanks for putting this on your todo list.

The option to store the list position for every category (particular genre ,album artist etc.) separately would be okay. This way I would be able to start playback at the position in a shuffled all genre/album artist songs list where I left before. But playback of a single album within the same particular genre or album artist shouldn't be affected. Is this possible?

Regards

At the moment there isn't much nesting in the feature. You can only set it for an individual playlist or an individual folder - and that doesn't trickle down to any subfolders, which you would need to set separately. So how it would work at a Genre or Artist level (where there are sub-groupings) I really don't know. I suspect it may be a lot more complex than it seems.

Andre