Sound clarity problem.

BuKeD

Reset all Outputs to default first (Settings > Audio > Output), then try a different output method (e.g. AudioTrack or Hi-Res). Make sure DVC is turned on.  Try adjusting the equalizer to increase high frequencies.

I assume you are talking about using a wired headset as you don't say otherwise, and the latest versions of Poweramp and Android?

Andre

On 2/3/2022 at 12:02 PM, andrewilley said:

Reset all Outputs to default first (Settings > Audio > Output), then try a different output method (e.g. AudioTrack or Hi-Res). Make sure DVC is turned on.  Try adjusting the equalizer to increase high frequencies.

I assume you are talking about using a wired headset as you don't say otherwise, and the latest versions of Poweramp and Android?

Andre

You are true suggested.

But this applies not only to headphones. So, I tried to connect acoustics amplifier. The result was the same and the settings of the equalizer do not help compensate for the failures from the word at all. Another sound source (laptop) shows an excellent result with both headphones and with stationary acoustics, which confirms the disrepair of your product. Third-party audio players also prove the foregoing.

So other apps on the same phone will drive the amp via the same 3.5mm cable connection correctly, but PA does not? I would suggest uninstalling and re-installing (and perhaps clear app data for PA in Android settings too) to set everything back to default. If you still have this problem, try different Output methods (e.g. AudioTrack or Hi-Res) to see if one sounds better than another on your device. 

Andre

24 minutes ago, BuKeD said:

But this applies not only to headphones. So, I tried to connect acoustics amplifier. The result was the same and the settings of the equalizer do not help compensate for the failures from the word at all. Another sound source (laptop) shows an excellent result with both headphones and with stationary acoustics, which confirms the disrepair of your product. Third-party audio players also prove the foregoing.

Besides the equalizer settings, make sure all other DSP settings are disabled. There are three separate tabs at the top of the page in the EQ sub menu. The left one is the actual EQ and can be defeated along with the tone controls and limiter at the bottom left. The middle page has balance and volume controls, as well as the stereo expander and tempo - press the reset button on the right side to revert all back to off/flat. The right tab has all of the other DSP effects, and likely you have something here enabled. Again I recommend pressing the reset button on the right side to clear all of these back to the normal defeated mode. These are the only settings that can influence Poweramp separately on your device than any other player that you have reported working as expected.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 5:15 PM, MotleyG said:

Besides the equalizer settings, make sure all other DSP settings are disabled. There are three separate tabs at the top of the page in the EQ sub menu. The left one is the actual EQ and can be defeated along with the tone controls and limiter at the bottom left. The middle page has balance and volume controls, as well as the stereo expander and tempo - press the reset button on the right side to revert all back to off/flat. The right tab has all of the other DSP effects, and likely you have something here enabled. Again I recommend pressing the reset button on the right side to clear all of these back to the normal defeated mode. These are the only settings that can influence Poweramp separately on your device than any other player that you have reported working as expected.  

Reinstalling and adjusting the equalizer did not help!

@BuKeD so let me clarify, even reinstalled Poweramp (fresh default settings) results in "no clarity and volume of sound"? Do you have same effect in other players?

Or is it about volume? If you're using some BT device, volume level depends on DVC options (see Settings / Audio / Direct Volume Control), and for the disabled DVC volume is automatically lower by 6dB for the equalization headroom ("No DVC Headroom Gain" option).

One other thing to check, if this is really more of about volume than fidelity (it's easy to confuse the two; subjectively lower volume level can appear to sound less full and rounded), is do you have Replay Gain enabled? The aim of this feature is to allow tracks with differing recording levels to be matched more equally during playback. However the target volume is somewhat lower than the maximum possible (to allow headroom for later manipulation) so the end result is that songs are often lowered to a common level rather than boosted.

Andre