Sort Albums by Path or Folder Name, and Set as Artist Image

djdarko

I have two ideas that I think would make Poweramp even better:

Album "List Option" "By Path" or "By Folder Name"

This would be really helpful for putting albums in release order when two or more releases share the same year, but appear out of order due to their name.

example:

1969a - Yellow Submarine

1969b - Abbey Road

This would be extra useful for anyone (like me) who prefers artist albums sorted by year, but compilations and soundtracks sorted by name, as I keep those sorted with their date after the title.

example:

Gone Girl (2014)

Final Fantasy VII (1997)

Set as Artist Image

Also, it would be very convenient to add fast option to select an artist image.

The most practical (as a user) would probably be to add it to the album context.

example:

adele.thumb.png.b132fa5fd3e50d17e0070e1742d93287.png

Thanks

1) That is what the Folders Hierarchy category is for, and it's how I mostly use Poweramp. I do exactly the same as you, and put year digits at the front of folder names when I have several albums that I want sorted chronologically rather than alphabetically. The Albums category sorting is tag based, so may not even have any consistent folders to sort by (a single album could even be contained in several folders - although that would admittedly be a silly way to store your music).  

2) The issue I could see with adding Artist to the Album Art selection screen is that PA currently searched for matches on the Song Title & Album Name, so the results are unlikely to be very suited to finding images of the artist or band. 

Andre

11 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

2) The issue I could see with adding Artist to the Album Art selection screen is that PA currently searched for matches on the Song Title & Album Name, so the results are unlikely to be very suited to finding images of the artist or band.

Well by default Poweramp seems to set the last modified date album art as the default artist image.  I just thought this would be a fast way of setting the preferred locally stored album cover as the album artist image.

I'm sure it would work (as would the folder sorting option for Albums) but I'm just not sure how consistent or useful they would be.

On a similar note by the way, I'd like to see an extra tick box in the Album Art selector screen to apply an image to the current song only, instead of always to all songs in the current album.

Andre

@djdarko unfortunately, "Album" is a virtual entity - it has no path, folder, or anything physical beyond relation to a set of files, which can be (and often, is, for large collections) located across multiple folders (and this is always true for the "Unknown album"). So there is just no path or folder we can sort by.