Squeaking noise on playback

DeathLeprous88

1 minute ago, Bencherished said:

You said it happens randomly, then I think it's from your music file, if your files are mp3 with 48000 kbps then it can happen. 

Please confirm your music file and Kbps. 

happens with FLACs and mp3s. Mp3s are 320kbps and FLACs are varying bitrates. If it does happen I go back to the point in the track where it happens and play it again to see if it is the track, and usually it does not happen the second time through, if that makes sense. It also does not happen with other music players, playing the same track

Please when did you start noticing this? Let's see if it's pm version related, what kind of headphone are you using.? Can you also hear the sound from the phone speaker? Finally this may not occur in other players because there are some sounds that can only be heard with Poweramp, and I mean it. 

Edited by Bencherished

1 minute ago, Bencherished said:

Please when did you start noticing this? Let's see if it's pm version related, what kind of headphone are you using.? Can you also hear the sound from the phone speaker? Finally this may not occur in other players because there are some sounds that can only be heard with Poweramp, and I mean it. 

I started noticing it soon after installing the app so I tried switching output modes from opensl to hi res and also changing the buffer size to large but neither seemed to work. I'm using some cheap-ish wireless earbuds that I haven't had an issue with until now. I don't disagree that there might be sounds you hear with Poweramp that you wouldn't hear with other apps, but if it were truly the files wouldn't the sound show up consistently every time the file is played, in the same spot? That is not what is happening here

53 minutes ago, Bencherished said:

It's definitely not the file, my suggestion will be 2 try another headset, I strongly believe that the sound is coming from the cheap earbug, is not properly couple, I believe is light weighted, so some sounds at a particular level makes it (squeak) 

I have IEMs that I could use but I typically don't because they're bulky. I'm not an expert but it doesn't make sense to me that it could be the earbuds when every other player I've tried is fine. 

• 2 weeks later...

@DeathLeprous88 I suggest following:

- try any other player on the device, preferable the one using Android media engine (eg. youtube music) to verify issue is not hardware/firmware related 

- try to switch audio outputs assignment for BT in Poweramp (Audiotrack, OpenSL, AAudio, Hi-res outputs) until you find one without issue

- try to reset and disable all Poweramp DSP options (equ/tone/stereo x/tempo/reverb) until issue disappears

- try to backup your settings/data and reset Poweramp data completely to force the default state, check if it works for the default settings

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

@DeathLeprous88 I suggest following:

- try any other player on the device, preferable the one using Android media engine (eg. youtube music) to verify issue is not hardware/firmware related 

- try to switch audio outputs assignment for BT in Poweramp (Audiotrack, OpenSL, AAudio, Hi-res outputs) until you find one without issue

- try to reset and disable all Poweramp DSP options (equ/tone/stereo x/tempo/reverb) until issue disappears

- try to backup your settings/data and reset Poweramp data completely to force the default state, check if it works for the default settings

-it does not happen on players that use the Android media engine

-it seems to happen regardless of the output mode

-i don't use any dsp effects 

-i have uninstalled, used sd maid to clear data, and reinstalled as well as used the restore defaults option in the app 

@DeathLeprous88 thanks for the details. I've got S21 Ultra (exynos variant, though, for BT it doesn't matter if it qualcomm or exynos) and I can't hear any sound artefacts in devices like Sony wh-1000x* series. Is that artefact pronounced (so you can always hear it) or is it apparent in pauses/silence part of the song? Does enabling/disabled DVC in Poweramp make any effect on this issue? Thanks!

6 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@DeathLeprous88 thanks for the details. I've got S21 Ultra (exynos variant, though, for BT it doesn't matter if it qualcomm or exynos) and I can't hear any sound artefacts in devices like Sony wh-1000x* series. Is that artefact pronounced (so you can always hear it) or is it apparent in pauses/silence part of the song? Does enabling/disabled DVC in Poweramp make any effect on this issue? Thanks!

It seems to be apparent in the background of tracks, while they are playing. Not when there is silence. I have not tried disabling dvc, I will try that.

@DeathLeprous88 also, please try to record screen using builtin recorder (available in the shade quick settings) with the audio (Sound settings - Media Sounds (not Media sounds and mic) for the track where the issue is more pronounced. Please set volume close to 85-90%, but not 100% and use your usual BT device while capturing this. Share that with gpmaxmpz@gmail.com. Thanks!