Edit song tags

Raffy

This can happen if the file has only read but not write attributes, I encountered this issue with some of my mp3 file, what I did was delete such files, or change the attributes with a laptop. This issue has nothing to do with Poweramp but the file. 

Another thing to note, don't edit a current playing song, it may get  corrupted. 

Edited by Bencherished

Hace 12 horas, andrewilley dijo:

Podrías elaborar un poco? ¿Qué etiqueta estás editando? ¿Se modifica el archivo físico pero el contenido de la etiqueta no se modifica, o el archivo no se vuelve a escribir en absoluto? ¿Qué formatos de archivo?

Andre

The tag is modified, but the mp3 file gets corrupted and then I can't play it. it doesn't always happen just sometimes. when I search for the file with a file explorer and give it open no it reproduces. the only thing left is to download the song again

9 hours ago, Bencherished said:

Esto puede suceder si el archivo solo tiene atributos de lectura pero no de escritura, encontré este problema con algunos de mis archivos mp3, lo que hice fue eliminar dichos archivos o cambiar los atributos con una computadora portátil. Este problema no tiene nada que ver con Poweramp sino con el archivo. 

Otra cosa a tener en cuenta, no edite una canción que se está reproduciendo actualmente, puede corromperse. 

Maybe it's because I do it while it is playing, although many times it does it correctly even while playing the song. But I will have it pending

13 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Podrías elaborar un poco? ¿Qué etiqueta estás editando? ¿Se modifica el archivo físico pero el contenido de la etiqueta no se modifica, o el archivo no se vuelve a escribir en absoluto? ¿Qué formatos de archivo?

Andre

I use mixplorer as a file manager, This one has a great song tag plugin, couldn't you just add this to Poweramp?

Does this always happen with the same file(s), even if you copy them back onto your phone from your original master source (PC)? Or can you sometimes update the tags on one file, but later have problems updating the same file?

If the same file always causes problems, can you share it for testing?

Andre

5 hours ago, Raffy said:

The tag is modified, but the mp3 file gets corrupted and then I can't play it. it doesn't always happen just sometimes. when I search for the file with a file explorer and give it open no it reproduces. the only thing left is to download the song again

What was the source for these mp3 files? If it was YouTube and you used some online “converter” I can guarantee that is the problem. If so, can you try with a mp3 file from a more reliable source to confirm?

Edited by MotleyG

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

¿Sucede esto siempre con los mismos archivos, incluso si los vuelve a copiar en su teléfono desde su fuente maestra original (PC)? ¿O a veces puede actualizar las etiquetas en un archivo, pero luego tiene problemas para actualizar el mismo archivo?

Si el mismo archivo siempre causa problemas, ¿puede compartirlo para probarlo?

Andre

whenever I edit a label the song is playing, if it does it successfully, the song always works well and there is never a problem with the song, when it gets corrupted it jumps to the other song immediately, no matter how hard I try to put that damaged song, it quickly jumps to the next one, from the same PA I delete it immediately and go back and download it

3 hours ago, MotleyG said:

¿Cuál fue la fuente de estos archivos mp3 ? Si fue YouTube y utilizó algún "convertidor" en línea, puedo garantizar que ese es el problema. Si es así, ¿puede probar con un archivo mp3 de una fuente más confiable para confirmar?

I share it from YouTube, And I download it with Ymusic, the one with the green icon, I don't know if you know him

Just now, Bencherished said:

Le di la solución, no edite ningún archivo que se esté reproduciendo actualmente, si desea editarlo, navegue a la lista de canciones, haga clic en una canción diferente, luego mantenga presionada la que desea editar, luego haga clic en editar, cuando haya terminado , ahorrar. 

Thank you, I will do that from now on

9 hours ago, Raffy said:

I share it from YouTube, And I download it with Ymusic, the one with the green icon, I don't know if you know him

I would contact the development team at this company. It seems many of these providers are using similar methods for pulling the content from YT and the translation isn’t fully compliant with the spec. As soon as you try to make any edits, the files are corrupted.
I have seen the same issues on the mp3tag forums many times recently.