What is maximum capacity microSDXC which can be used with Poweramp Android?

John Thornton

Thank you for your post andrewilley.

I only downloaded the Poweramp trial a few days ago and to date it appears to provide all I would expect and need.

I am currently using the FOLDERS option with a 128GB microSDXC which locates all albums in the correct screen locations and enables me to only need to change the folder name rather than the FLAC tag.

The program does an almost perfect job of selecting the CD album covers using FOLDERS.

The ALBUM option locates far fewer albums in the correct locations and the contents of a few have jumbled contents due probably to tag data issues.

Basically each CD is a separate folder with some folders containing 2 cds in the same folder.

My FOLDERS HIERARCHY contains SD card and Galaxy A52s 5G and the FOLDERS contains each of my FLAC cd music files.

Is there a maximum number of folders which can be used with Poweramp?

If there is a better way to organise my FLAC files I would appreciate any helpful advice.

1 hour ago, John Thornton said:

Is there a maximum number of folders which can be used with Poweramp?

If there is a better way to organise my FLAC files I would appreciate any helpful advice.

I haven’t faced any folder/file limitation to date.

The key to making sure your albums remain intact is to use properly tagged files, with a minimum of Album, AlbumArtist, Artist, and Title. Further support using genre, track and disc number, and perhaps Composer will rounds things out nicely. There are several desktop apps available that can manage this well.

Make sure you run a Full Rescan after making changes to your tagging to ensure Poweramp updates accordingly.

@John Thornton Sounds like you've got it covered. You can use plain 'Folders' mode to avoid too much drilling down as all subfolders appear will in one long flattening list (set the 'List Options' sort mode for the Folders level to "by Path"). Or you can use the 'Folders Hierarchy' category to see a more traditional drill-down folders/subfolders/files view like a file explorer app. I use "by Path" at the folder songs level too, and I name my files so they show in the order I want (e.g. prefixing song filenames with a two-digit track number, or prefixing individual album folder names with the year of release).

If you are seeing any folders that you don't want, use PA Settings > Library > Music Folders to ensure that only your actual music-containing top-level folders are ticked. All of their subfolders will then be ticked automatically unless you manually deselect any. 

The details about each song shown in lists and on the player screen (Title, Artist, Album, Track#, etc) are retrieved from tags, so as @MotleyG mentioned it is worth making sure your tags are correct too, which also opens up a whole host of other category options too. To ensure all of the songs in Albums are grouped correct, you must set the Album Artist tags to match each other - otherwise individual songs with different contributing Artist details will not get sorted into an album ordering correctly. For more info, see:

Andre

Thank you for your post andrewilley.

The information provided is very helpful and I will continue to use the program to fully understand your advice.

The program appears much better than other programs I have used to date and at the cost truly amazing.

I am considering using the Parametric Equaliser Modes option with my phone as the music source to my Mirus Pro DAC to see the effect of the equaliser, as I have never EQed my music files before.