Different album artist and artists on album tracks displayed depending on access

zicoian
Go to solution Solved by MotleyG,

I've come across a weird artifact/bug concerning albums where different tracks on the album are performed by different artists and the Album Artist is a different name, say "Various Artists".

If I access the album through the Album Artist category and then "Various Artists", all tracks (and the album itself, obviously) are displayed with their artist as "Various Artists", whereas if I access the same album through the Album category, the tracks now have the correct associated Artist against them; however, the Album Artist is not "Various Artists" but the Artist that happens to be assocaited with the first track (e.g. "The Definitive Burt Bacharach Songbook" is shown as being by Dusty Springfield because she performs "The Look Of Love" on track 1 - all tracks have the Album Artist tag set to "Various Artists").

My current version info is the following but the bug may have been present in previous versions without me noticing:

Version Info ======================
Build: Poweramp build-911-arm64-play full verified cached
Store: Play
Unlocker: build-302
Arch: 64
Skin: ActivityTheme_Black
Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T willow willow willow_eea [arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, armeabi]
Installer: com.android.vending (26.7.16-21 [0] [PR] 390726529)
Android: 10 xiaomi/willow_eea/willow:10/QKQ1.200114.002/V12.0.4.0.QCXEUXM:user/release-keys en_GB

Many thanks for this - I wouldn't have found these for a long time.  I changed a couple of the settings and the artists/album artists are now as I would have expected.  I'm pretty sure I haven't touched these before so I don't know why they were set as they were...

In 'Album Artist' category, I expect the default setting would be to use the Album Artist tag. But that's what the settings are there for of course, so each user can set it as they wish.

Of the three 'Album Artist Label' settings, I only have the middle one enabled - so the Album Artist tag is used in Album view headers too. I never want to see Album Artist used for individual tracks in any view, I want to see the track artists.

Andre