Android Head Unit

PA_1977

I have an Android Head Unit and I purchased Poweramp for it.

I know the purchase is tied to my Google account.  However, I use a different Google account on my head unit than on my phone, for security purposes.

Does the Poweramp licensing account for this possibility?

I'll purchase another license if it's not possible, but I thought it would be a reasonable thing for people with an Android Head Unit to have a separate account.  I was thinking/hoping that the licensing would account for this.

So, does the licensing account for this?

Purchase on Play is per Google account. There are no any tools for developers to move purchases between accounts, unfortunately. The purchase from website allows that as it's decoupled from Google, though.

It's still possible to share Unlocker app purchase via family sharing, so you can try to add that car account to "family".

1 hour ago, PA_1977 said:

I have an Android Head Unit and I purchased Poweramp for it.

I know the purchase is tied to my Google account.  However, I use a different Google account on my head unit than on my phone, for security purposes.

Does the Poweramp licensing account for this possibility?

I'll purchase another license if it's not possible, but I thought it would be a reasonable thing for people with an Android Head Unit to have a separate account.  I was thinking/hoping that the licensing would account for this.

So, does the licensing account for this?

It's not possible, but regardless, what security advantage do you get from using a different account in your own car?

Any Google purchases require the same Google account to be present if you wish to install the same app on a new device. That's nothing to do with Poweramp, just a basic Google requirement. Rather like buying a Kindle book form Amazon - you can download and sync it to several different Kindle devices, but they all need to be using the same Amazon account.

However as Max said, you can use the family share feature, or just add your main account onto the car device too; it must be active when you install PA, and for a while after to validate the licence, but can be disabled once the licence has been validated.

Andre

I understand about Google Play being tied to a specific account when you make the purchase.  I did not know about the family share.  I'll try that.  Alternatively, I might add the account head unit account to my phone and install it there with that account and then remove the account from my phone.

As for having a separate account on my head unit, there are a number of reasons.  First, if someone messes with or accesses your head unit, they will not know your "real" Google account.  Many things are tied to your real account.  Just knowing it is one piece of the puzzle that makes your account vulnerable.  Other reasons include having things in your real account safe.  Several Android head units have issues when they sync contacts.  Two scenarios...you go for car service or your car is stolen.  People can see where you've been, your contacts, etc.

Anyway, thanks for the Poweramp / Google Play suggestions.  I'll post what happens.