Poweramp Equalizer doesn't work well with FreeBuds Pro?

Qaqo

Hello! I noticed that when I use my Huawei FreeBuds Pro, "No DVC for Bluetooth Absolute Volume" always pops-out at the top of the Equalizer app. I also noticed that the sound emitted is drastically low when the Equalizer is on compared when I disable/uninstall it. Isn't it supposed to enhance the sound of the playing music? I tried to follow the note with exclamation mark but it didn't really do anything. Sorry, I'm not really a techie person and please help me find the solution to this problem. :)

BTW, I am using Huawei P30 Pro, Android 10 / EMUI 11, purchased and downloaded the latest Poweramp Equalizer application. 

Screenshot_20210610_153545_com.maxmpz.equalizer.jpg

Screenshot_20210610_153600_com.maxmpz.equalizer.jpg

First, remember that to "enhance" audio does not necessarily mean "make louder" (although it may have that effect too).

If you are going to use DVC with Bluetooth, then you need to go into your phone's Android Settings > Developer Options and enable (activate/tick) the Bluetooth option entitled "Disable Absolute Volume". You can also get to that screen by using the prompts in the PA EQ Settings screen which you have shown above.

image.png

Andre

41 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

First, remember that to "enhance" audio does not necessarily mean "make louder" (although it may have that effect too).

Well yes, I know that. I just told that the sound becomes quiet when I enable the Equalizer. 

And I don't think I have that "Disable Absolute Volume" slider on my Developer Options, unless it is the "Bluetooth Absolute Volume" which is actually ticked off. 

@andrewilley

Screenshot_20210610_162123_com.android.settings.jpg

Edited by Qaqo

4 hours ago, marcosh_ar said:

I'm having a similar problem. When using power amp eq app the volume is significant lower, switching to default power amp and the volume comes back to normal. I disabled absolute volume and enabled dvc. S21 ultra

Using both EQs, from internal Poweramp and external, is not recommended.

On 3/8/2021 at 8:45 PM, maxmp said:

@Mayuri yes, exactly, Equalizer math model is as close to Poweramp as possible. The Poweramp Equalizer implementations are very different though. The Q factor will be configurable for the (short term) planned parametric UI.

11 minutes ago, marcosh_ar said:

I'm not using both, just switching to default power amp to compare the volume level difference

See the post above from @maxmp regarding the existing differences between the EQ and full,Poweramp versions. This may be part of the reason you are finding a difference in your A-B comparison.

When doing direct comparisons, make sure especially that DVC is only enabled for app one or the other, trying to have both enabled won't work.

There will most likely be differences in the sound between the two though. As I understand it, they each work in fundamentally different ways. Poweramp has all of its audio processing code included within the app itself, so all of the EQ processing is done internally in Poweramp before passing it (via Android) to the output hardware. The stand-alone EQ app is more like a 'front-end' which passes the actual audio processing tasks over to Android's audio systems to handle via control parameters, rather than physically adjusting the audio data itself. That's my simplistic understanding anyway, @maxmp would be able provide more detailed information as I'm sure there's a lot more to it than that.

The next release of the stand-alone EQ app is due very soon by the way (hopefully within a few weeks, not months) and will provide fully parametric EQ control options. Max has been concentrating heavily on that development work over recent weeks, hence he's not been so active here on the forums recently. The same controls will find their way over to the main Poweramp app subsequently.

Andre