Failed to play storage Unmounted

Mcluvnlife

I assume you mean your music is on an SD Card (SIM cards are for paid mobile networks).

What device are you using, and what Android version? If it's Android 11, make sure PA Settings > Misc > File Access Legacy Mode is turned off.

Check the audio folder selected in PA Settings > Library > Music Folders is correctly pointing to your SD Card folder, and access permissions have been granted. Then try PA Settings > Library > FULL Rescan.

Andre 

Yes I pointed PA in the specified direction of my SD Card again and did a full scan once again.  This corrects the problem I found but the SD Card gets unmounted each time I shut down for a while or if my battery dies and I do a charge.  It would be more convenient if  I did not have to point PA to my micro SD Card and run a full scan so much.

Thank you so much

Sounds like your device is not saving settings properly. Might be worth a clean install (uninstall and reinstall, or clear app data) and re-assign storage access permissions when it asks. Does this only happen after a reboot/restart?

Andre

9 hours ago, Mcluvnlife said:

This corrects the problem I found but the SD Card gets unmounted each time I shut down for a while or if my battery dies and I do a charge.  It would be more convenient if  I did not have to point PA to my micro SD Card and run a full scan so much.

How long are you waiting after restarting your device? I find in android 10 and now 11 it takes some time for the OS to refresh and make external SD access available again. Before you start Poweramp, wait until you see the toast pop up to show the uSD card is ready.

5 hours ago, MotleyG said:

How long are you waiting after restarting your device? I find in android 10 and now 11 it takes some time for the OS to refresh and make external SD access available again.

I wondered if it might be that issue too, but the device is running on Android 8.

Andre

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I wondered if it might be that issue too, but the device is running on Android 8.

Andre

Missed that part, but is still may take some time after a full boot to have access to the external uSD. Especially on older/slower processors.

@Mcluvnlife if you wait until you see Android report the SD card is ready, then start Poweramp, does it work as expected? You should not have to rescan the library unless you actually make changes.

Nothing has worked.  Restored factory settings, full boot, waited for the toast (no toast on my android btw I have never seen toast but sounds cool).  Even after pointing PA to my SD Card, I still have to do full reboot.  Please advise Power Amp and Co. !!!

I see all 16 Gigs of songs I downloaded, but when I press play, It says FAILED TO PLAY storage unmounted.  The little circle shows the app is doing something but it seems like nothing comes of it.  A bug??  I don't know.  

Thanks