Weather Sounds

Andopie

It's become really common for music with rain, thunder, waterfalls in the background to appear online. It would be really nice if this could be applied to your own music. It could be a little option on the player screen that lets you toggle on different weather noises. There could be a set of official sounds or the ability to import them. If there were preset sounds, there could be multiple options that cover 2-3 different environments with different weather intensity, thunder etc. There could also be a volume slider seperately for just the weather sounds. Being able to apply these sounds to any song in my library would be great.

OK, I'll bite - why would you want to do this?

Poweramp's vision is to provide the cleanest, most accurate high-fidelity reproduction of your music, with the least background noise and interference. I can't quite see why you would want to layer additional noise over it, especially when most people are buying noise-cancelling headphones in order to minimise ambient interference?

Andre

47 minutes ago, Andopie said:

It would be really nice if this could be applied to your own music. It could be a little option on the player screen that lets you toggle on different weather noises.

Some people do like adding audio effects/reverb to music files, yeah. Using such presets would just add more noise to the music file, and would end up ruining the music experience. An audio editor/sound editor would be the best way.

You could try playing with the already implemented reverb options in Poweramp. Not so sure about the rain/thunder background noise effects. But it is possible to customise the noise applied. 

But as I said before, you are better off using an audio editor app.

I can see some logic in this, mix in the sound of waves with your favorite music, lay down on your sofa and dream yourself away to a beach somewhere warm and nice... maybe some light summer rain in the background... so a "teleport" mode allowing you to set a background soundtrack.

I don't think that I would use this as I like my music clean and crisp, guess it's the same as with Whiskey... on the rocks or just as it is...

Felt compelled to read up on the subject and I found a simple music player called Abbey Music Player which has only a few features out of which one is:

* Add White Noise : Sound of Rain with thunder in the background of your track for Relaxation.

1 hour ago, 6b6561 said:

Felt compelled to read up on the subject and I found a simple music player called Abbey Music Player which has only a few features out of which one is:

Aww, that app is so scary 😰😱. I just tried to turn on the EQ of that app, and for some reason the volume of my went skyrocket! 😰 I was in a quiet room and it scared the hell out of me. Too many bugs 🥺

Anyway back to the topic, I tried out the rain effect too. To me, Rain effect sounds bad with rock, pop music. But usually good with soothing songs. I change my mind. I think it can give a good feeling, depending on the song. 

It's a shame Android is so restrictive about audio apps co-existing.

On my computer, I can have as many programs playing audio at the same time as I like - each of which having a separate volume control. So it would be really easy to just run an ambient sounds app in the background. I don't think Android allows its users to do that though.

Andre 

Archived