Android Mixer still kicks in despite using Hi-Res output when using Dragonfly Cobalt

Rowdyhorse4

Output thread 0xb400006fdabcb170, name AudioOut_23D, tid 16831, type 1 (DIRECT):
-   I/O handle: 573
-   Standby: yes
-   Sample rate: 96000 Hz
-   HAL frame count: 7680
-   HAL format: 0x6 (AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_24_BIT_PACKED)

Hah! According to dumpsys log, Android is indeed outputting audio at 96kHz sample rate 24 bit depth. I don't know why exactly Dragonfly isn't recognising that...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, John Titor said:

Output thread 0xb400006fdabcb170, name AudioOut_23D, tid 16831, type 1 (DIRECT):
-   I/O handle: 573
-   Standby: yes
-   Sample rate: 96000 Hz
-   HAL frame count: 7680
-   HAL format: 0x6 (AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_24_BIT_PACKED)

Hah! According to dumpsys log, Android is indeed outputting audio at 96kHz sample rate 24 bit depth. I don't know why exactly Dragonfly isn't recognising that...

Check below, Output devices is marked empty. so the 96khz stream is reaching nowhere i think. the USB device is slotted into AudioOut_1D which is 48khz. I think its like that

9 minutes ago, John Titor said:

Can you post a log of dumpsys again but this time with uapp? 

Actually i don't need to post it....   its exactly the same....  (with same music with 96khz Output) yet Dragonfly is reporting the 96kHz output. I suspect it has to do with UAPP bypassing android mixer completely with its own custom USB/Wireless driver (the point of getting UAPP). Though isn't this also what the experimental Hi-Res Output in Poweramp should also do in theory?

@Rowdyhorse4 as Poweramp uses Android "Direct" outputs on OnePluses for USB for Hi-Res Output, some additional conditions may apply:
- sample rate may be set as high as device supports, not the value you're selecting in Poweramp
- you may need to disable DVC to get Hi-Res (or enable it if disabled)
- only specific sample rates may work (e.g. 192kHz, but 96kHz will fail).

Archived