One click song deletion w/o confirmation possible now?

CapH

Hello,

As the title says, is it possible?

Have build 893 and need to delete many songs while listening on mobile and needing to confirm each deletion is a hassle.

Saw past discussion about this feature but is it implemented yet in mine or some version of PA?

Thanks.

No, one-click deletion of files without confirmation is not possible. You need to long-press on the artwork or the song title, tap Delete, and confirm to continue.

You can however select multiple items, or whole album/folders, and delete them in one go though.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

No, one-click deletion of files without confirmation is not possible. You need to long-press on the artwork or the song title, tap Delete, and confirm to continue.

You can however select multiple items, or whole album/folders, and delete them in one go though.

Andre

Thanks. Will see if the multiple delete works for me :)

• 2 months later...
On 3/9/2021 at 3:32 PM, flyingdutchman said:

@CapH my skin $yaps$ has an option to put the delete button on the main screen. Yoy still need to confirm but it requires far fewer steps

Thanks, just saw your post...

Another skin with that delete button on the main screen sounds great!

I did look up the skin in Google Play but didn't see any delete button in the pics or mentioned in the description.

Could you upload a pic showing how it would look in PA?

7 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

@CapHif you toggle the option shortcuts in the "Hide" options then 2 buttons will appear. One for track deletion, the other for adding to playlists

image.png.c43553b0a7093b5c00b33955a03e547c.png

image.png.b9aa761075c17769bafce126315abb44.png 

Thanks, will consider installing the skin just as soon as I solve some issues I'm having with PA at the moment. One question: Is the delete button fixed in the upper right corner? I find it much more convenient in the middle where the 3 dots are right now.

• 1 year later...
18 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

I've now tested it while driving  which is my majority use of Poweramp and where I really wanted the quick and easy "delete",  and I stand by my earlier comment of brilliant.   So much easier to dump tracks that I dont want to hear again while keeping the majority of my attention on the road.

I hardly ever use most of the normal Poweramp control icons while driving as I use teh car's  steering wheel audio controls instead.   This "delete" icon is the main necessary phone screen Poweramp control as the "delete" function obviously does not appear on most steering wheels.

A minor personal suggestion for future improvement which I appreciate might not be to the liking of people who enjoy the  album art display,  is to shrink the album art and make the "delete" and "yes-confirmation" icons larger (or provide an option to do so) so that its easier to click while driving.     I realise this suggestion  is personal to me and might not be popular, so no worries if you bin it.