how to fix bluetooth audio downsampling.

spaceguybob

10 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I had a quick look at the specs on the JBL website, and they are only rated for 20Hz-20kHz and the site makes no mention of them being compatible with high-res audio streams.

Andre

But I've gotten it to work before.for multiple days too, but nowit just doesn't want to

14 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I had a quick look at the specs on the JBL website, and they are only rated for 20Hz-20kHz and the site makes no mention of them being compatible with high-res audio streams.

Andre

Yeah, the audio output device (which in this case is the BT headset) itself has to have the ability to produce Hi-res sound in a codec such as LADC. For example, Sony wh-1000XM4 headset supports Hi-res output on LADC codec with upto 96kHz sample rate. And for others that don't, Hi-res output of Poweramp won't work.

5 minutes ago, spaceguybob said:

But I've gotten it to work before.for multiple days too, but nowit just doesn't want to

If the device doesn't support Hi-res output, it would automatically be downsampled to it's maximum output capability.

6 minutes ago, Someguyonline said:

You can try "forcing" high sample rate/bit depth in Android developer settings,but as I said, since the device doesn't support high res output, you'll still hear 16bit-44.kHz sound.

Fire settings don't do anything for me because it always resets

Archived