Library rescans every time

Sparsan

Everytime I open Poweramp it says: "sieht mir nicht nach irgendetwas aus"/" doesn't look like anything" and then it starts scanning the whole library again. Afterwards all the tracks are found and ready to play. But why does it delete the library? 

Sounds like PA is being denied permission to save its data. Do your Settings changes persist between PA sessions (especially if you force-close the app a while after exiting).

You don't mention any device details but I'm assuming this is a regular phone with a stock ROM, rather than a car stereo Android head-unit for example.

Andre

I've had the same problem since updating my Samsung Note 20 to Android 11/One UI3. It was needing a rescan after every reboot but for some reason now (maybe an update) it's not happening after EVERY reboot, only sometimes and sometimes the library will be empty even if I haven't rebooted! Sometimes my songs are there, sometimes I need to rescan. It seems to be random.

I saw some instructions posted by the dev in a reply to a review on the Play Store but these have not worked. I tried:

- Long press Poweramp icon, ⓘ (Info) / Permissions / Storage / Allow.. Please ensure "Remove permissions if app isn't used" is DISABLED. Alternatively (recommended): disable Settings / Misc / File Access Legacy Mode" option, then in Settings / Library / Music Folders give the new permission and re-choose folders.

On 2/10/2021 at 12:23 PM, andrewilley said:

@Majickal those instructions are more to resolve the issue of Samung's Android 11 not scanning files at all (can't set folder at all) rathet than rescanning again on each restart.

Possibly clear app data, and/or reinstall, might help.

Andre

It does not.

• 2 months later...

has somebody solved this?

I have the same issue, on stock firmware, Android 11

all permissions set correctly, if I go to settings, the correct folders are checked

sometimes the rescan starts automatically after a restart, sometimes the restart has to be done manually

Music files are all stored on SD card (but as said Poweramp does remember the folder locations correctly)

Complete re-install done, same behaviour

EDIT: just found the thread "S20 loses SD card access on each reboot (build 893)" maybe that helps ;)

Archived