Make PA remembering last browsed position in library

GeilerHeinz

I would like PA to remember the last position in library before switching to main screen. To go back to the appropriate position in library (folder/album/album artist etc.) I would suggest an additional gesture (swiping up) or usage of the back button.

Kind regards

PS: If such an option already exists in settings, please give me a hint!

If you tap on the album artwork in the player screen you will be shown the currently playing song within the chosen category. This won't be the same as the position which you originally commenced playback from though, it will change as the songs change. 

In certain categories (such as folder contents and playlist contents) you can use three-dots menu > List Options and opt to save the List Position for when you next return to that view.

Andre

Thanks Andre for answering.

Maybe I described my request misleading. If I browse through my library/categories/folder hierarchy during an active playback in search of a possible track/artist/album to choose next and open the main screen for some reason, then there is no option to quickly return to the position/location of the last browsed category/folder.

It would be nice to execute this action by i.e. tapping the back action button or swiping up on the album art.

Kind regards

No, in the situation I described I don't trigger a new playback. I just switch to the main player screen manually i.e. to see how much time is left before the next track starts automatically. To return to the previous browsed location in my library I have to navigate again all the way down through the folder hierarchy.

Kind regards

I believe what is being requested has been requested previously. If browsing through Album Artists and are at Jackson Browne and then tap the now playing view It would be a great enhancement that when going back to the Library -> Album Artists it would position at Jackson Browne rather than the top of the Album Artist list. This would be a great feature if all categories in the library would position to the location in that category where you last were in that category.

I'm fine with the standard behaviour when opening a category in the library.

What I miss is a single gesture or button which allows me to return from the main player screen to the folder, album or artist etc. I browsed to in the library before switching to the main player screen. 

Kind regards

8 hours ago, maxmp said:

What can be done is returning to the last browsed location by Library button (4 rectangles) clicking. Next clicking on it will return to the "root". Now it always opens Library root (which can be customized by user, but that's still a static location).

That sounds very well.

Thanks in advance.

Archived