FiiO M6 - No Hi Res output

I have a  new Fiio M6 and purchased power amp v3.  Everything seems to be defaulting to 16 bit/44Khz output, even when playing Hi Res (24 bit/96KHz) files to either wired headphones or wireless phones connected via Aptx HD.    

In Poweramp, when I go to Settings>Audio>Ouput> Hi Res Settings,  the only option visible is USB DAC.   I don't see the Wired Speaker/AUX, Bluetooth, etc. options that appear in the Open ES and AudioTrack output menus.  

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

On 6/29/2020 at 6:44 PM, JeffP said:

I have a  new Fiio M6 and purchased power amp v3.  Everything seems to be defaulting to 16 bit/44Khz output, even when playing Hi Res (24 bit/96KHz) files to either wired headphones or wireless phones connected via Aptx HD.    

In Poweramp, when I go to Settings>Audio>Ouput> Hi Res Settings,  the only option visible is USB DAC.   I don't see the Wired Speaker/AUX, Bluetooth, etc. options that appear in the Open ES and AudioTrack output menus.  

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

i dont think the m6 supports Hi Res on bluetooth, not working on my m6.

But you should have it with cable.

Thanks.  I updated the firmware to the latest (Poweramp-v3-build-874-uni.apk) and the wired connection now shows up and outputs 24b/96Khz.  The version on the FiiO site is many versions older.

14 minutes ago, JeffP said:

Thanks.  I updated the firmware to the latest (Poweramp-v3-build-874-uni.apk)

Latest build is actually 876, but probably not relevant to this particular issue.

Andre