Exclude subfolders from music folder

I use a folder as my Poweramp music folder which I synchronize on my network. The client creates subfolders for file versioning and other unimportant reasons. I am missing the option to select a folder but exclude subfolders. This feature might especially be useful when you want to select a folder which has files and folders in it, but only want certain folders and the files in the main music folder to be visible in Poweramp. 

Screenshot_20200526-001029.jpg

@andrewilley while that might be a temporarily solution like in my case, it could mess with whole folder structures for other people who can't move the folder, else other apps might need to be reconfigured. This means they would need to configure everything else tied to that folder for the sake of PA. The feature could be handy in cases of large organized folder structures in the main folder with files in it as well. Thanks for the solution anyways, I will try to implement this for my circumstance :)

It's one of the downsides of the way folder tree subfolder selection generally works. I have the same issue with my backup programs for example - any given folder can either be fully selected (in which case all of its contents and subfolders are enabled for backup) or fully unselected (in which case everything inside is unselected by design. You can re-enable individual subfolders manually though. Also by disabling any subfolder, you automatically turn off the parent folder's selection too (as it is no longer considered to be fully selected). The problem is that any files at the same level (i.e. files stored within the same parent folder) slip through the net. 

It would be nice if there was an option for 'partially selected', where a folder tickbox has three states - unticked or ticked as at present, but also a partially-ticked state (filled box?) which means the main item is selected but some specific subfolders have been disabled. That would also mean adding a new subfolder that is added later would be enabled in the list by default.

Andre

Archived