Synchronized embedded lyrics

newbee

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't go so far as to say "most" people, but there have certainly been a few over the years. There are plans to update the lyrics feature a bit in the future, but I don't think it's a particularly high priority - and please don't expect Poweramp to turn into a Karaoke app. 

Personally, I don't tend to listen to a lot of music where I can't hear the lyrics with my ears rather than my eyes. :)

Andre

I'm crossing my fingers and hope that mp3 SYLT will be supported in the near future. I have a hard time to catch all the words in songs, might be because English is my third language and some issues with my hearing. So sometimes I will just lean back, listen to music and read the lyrics simultaneously, would be nice with synched lyrics to avoid the scrolling. But what I would like to see implemented before this is switch of lyrics when the next track starts, today you have to close the lyrics reader and open it again on track switches.

16 hours ago, maxmp said:

There are plans for synchronized lyrics support. The primary source is LRC files, but I guess some tag formats will be supported as well. Thanks!

This is great news! As such I don't care that much if it's external .lrc or something else as I assume that there are tools readily available to convert from one format to another one. Embedded would be nice as it would keep down the number of files.

The basic tag format is much the same as a LRC file I think? Just a series of timestamps with simple text to display. I guess once the visual display system is created, it would make sense to support both embedded tags and LRC files (with LRC overriding embedded if both are present).

Andre  

Archived