Onedrive folders

I would like to use Onedrive to sync my music from the cloud to my phone but when I setup Poweramp Folders/Music Folders/{phone name} it can not find anything. How do I set it up to use Onedrive folders? I know the music files are there by checking the Onedrive app but Poweramp cant find them.

Poweramp can only use local folders on your device, not cloud-based directories. Max has been working on an API to provide that sort of functionality (such as using streaming radio stations), but I don't think it extends to remote storage yet.

If your files are cached (or downloaded) and copies stored locally though, you should be able to enable that specific folder via PA Settings > Library > Music Folders. I've just checked with Dropbox ( /Android/data/com.dropbox.android/files/ ) and that works fine. 

Andre

Thanks for the reply. My files are locally stored on my phone so perhaps the mention of the cloud was irrelevent. The issue is Onedrive places the music files in the phone in a hidden folder and I don't have access to it, so when trying to configure Music folders it doesn't show up. Even if I set the entire phone storage as the Music folder to look for music it fails to find them.

Sound's like you have all the files synchronized to the phone, so you don't plan to play from "the cloud".

In that case I have one solution for you, skip the OneDrive client and use a 3rd party app to synchronize the files to your device, that way you will get the files in the location where you want to have them. I'm using https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dk.tacit.android.foldersync.lite I use FolderSync in order to keep a copy of my OneDrive files on my device.

That's what I currently do with an app called FreeFile Sync and it does the job quite well, but in my constant drive for improvement and laziness I wanted something that would work automatically. In theory Onedrive will download to my phone any new music I have and Poweramp will find it whenever it does a scan. I'm convinced if I can unhide the Onedrive folder on Android, then I would be able to point to it as a Music Folder in Poweramp and job done. Does anyone know how to unhide this folder (I'm told it's where Onedrive puts everything) /android/data/user/0/com.microsoft.skydrive/no_backup/stream_cache/userid

The problem is that the stuff in /android/data/... is only visible to the app that has placed the data there on non-rooted devices. Basically PA can only see files that you are able to see in a file browser on the device.

4 hours ago, 6b6561 said:

The problem is that the stuff in /android/data/... is only visible to the app that has placed the data there on non-rooted devices. Basically PA can only see files that you are able to see in a file browser on the device.

Bugger. I guess my gripe is with Microsoft then. Thanks for the help on this one.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey, it is really a shame you can't get a way to hop security settting and stream from a cloud folder. Like a fake internal storage. An illusion. With google music going away. And they migrated it to you tube music. Which sucks, they are so selfish, greed pigs, they make only the pay app work with screen off. And of course the UI is all plain an stripped down. When google started, the were new an cutting edge and they went with a simple gray look. But now 30 yrs later and billions dollars company. They still have the chessy stripped down interface. Kindergarten is over. Now they are just to cheap. Its cool because many program writers are duplicating google platforms and making the even better than google. One mail, one calendar. They say it is so simple. So.. Umm.. just duplicate their cloud playin system. I can't wait til someone takes them down. Until then, keep the Poweramp player turned up, and do all your searches behind googles back, duck duck go

• 1 month later...
On 6/18/2020 at 7:59 PM, Clistovam said:

I don't understand why PA doesn't sync files from the available clouds. I just use CloudPayer and it works very well... But with it I haven't the same power of sound I heve when listening by PA. True deception! 

Thank you for confirming that PA sounds better. Much appreciated!

I REALLY hope they add the capability to play from Google drive very very soon!!!

• 6 months later...

When Could storage (eg Google Drive) will come to Power Amp as feature? I have it purchased long time ago, good for local files, but how come they cant not do cloud play feature? While all other competitor does.

Now most people are forced to buy CloudPlayer or similar app to just play from google drive, dropbox or onedrive.

This is A MUST feature if Poweramp wants to be used in near future..

@Dovis I believe that accessing files stored away from the device's local storage is something that is on the long-term to-do list, initially for LAN-based NAS-style storage, but also potentially for cloud storage too.

Currently the 'Streams' category in the PA library can play audio from Shoutcast-style streaming servers (radio station stream, etc) and also from MP3 files that have individual directly addressable URLs. For example, try adding something like "https://www.soundhelix.com/examples/mp3/SoundHelix-Song-1.mp3" using the three-dots menu icon at the top of the Streams category list, and then selecting 'Add URL'.

Andre

@andrewilley , yes, stream is possible but it does not help since its only for one track/source, it would be too hard to put every song URL, instead its even easier just to upload manually all songs to phone.
But in other players I just drop my mp3 songs to Google-Drive and it auto-syncs them on phone and I can play them straight from player, its very convenient. Sadly there is no such feature in Poweramp. If you know any workaround, please let me know.

Archived