Bitrate 16bit/48khz only... What to do?

the face

Hey, I just bought Poweramp to upgrade my audio experience, but I don't really get how to set it up correctly. My setup is:

Xiaomi Mi 8, external USB DAC with 24bit/96khz hi-res certified and B&O beoplay e4 earphones. Whatever audio file I'm using even with 96khz flac, Poweramp outputs everything with just 16bit/48khz. I tried any output, float32 on off etc. It always stays the same. I wonder why and what to do?

Screenshot_20200208-124127~2.jpg

Screenshot_20200208-124120~2.jpg

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Were you able to select your USB DAC at all in the Settings > Audio > Output menu? And if so, does it let you choose higher resolution modes?

Andre

Thank you for your reply! I can choose and activate USB DAC in all three output modes. 

OpenSL ES doesn't let me choose any resolution

Audiotrack just offers to activate Float32 which doesn't change anything, the volume here is generally just lower compared to the two other modes.

Hi-res Output lets me define a sample rate, if I set it to 96khz the actual output still stays on 48khz. 16bit is always the standard and also cannot be set up at all. 

@the face If you have other players installed with "direct" access to usb, this will effectively block hi-res support for Poweramp for given usb-dac (you can try to temporarily disable direct access in them or temporarily uninstall them). Hi-Res output should work fine, but again, if anything else tries to play hi-res on device, it locks the only "direct" hi-res output and Poweramp won't be able to acquire it. There is also a possibility that given dac is not fully compatible with Android USB audio subsystem.
(Please note that number of direct outputs is very different on various ROMs and devices, the limitation does not apply to most modern devices).

For Miui, if you have Hifi option in system settings / Audio / Headset, it should be enabled. (Disabling it just forces 48/16 everywhere).

You can try following: set Hi-Res on 96 or 192kHz in Poweramp, then reboot the device and try to play something in Poweramp right after reboot.

38 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@the face If you have other players installed with "direct" access to usb, this will effectively block hi-res support for Poweramp for given usb-dac (you can try to temporarily disable direct access in them or temporarily uninstall them). Hi-Res output should work fine, but again, if anything else tries to play hi-res on device, it locks the only "direct" hi-res output and Poweramp won't be able to acquire it. There is also a possibility that given dac is not fully compatible with Android USB audio subsystem.
(Please note that number of direct outputs is very different on various ROMs and devices, the limitation does not apply to most modern devices).

For Miui, if you have Hifi option in system settings / Audio / Headset, it should be enabled. (Disabling it just forces 48/16 everywhere).

You can try following: set Hi-Res on 96 or 192kHz in Poweramp, then reboot the device and try to play something in Poweramp right after reboot.

Thank you so much for your answer! I tried the reboot but it didn't change anything. But I don't have any other app using the hi res output installed anyways. I'm not running miui on the phone, but Syberia based on Android 9. So it's either the dac that might not be fully compatible or a bug in Syberia? The dac gets at least initialized by Android, gets power over USB and can be selected and is in use, since the sound is noticable better compared to using the internal dac. It's just stuck in 16bit/48khz.

• 4 months later...
On 2/8/2020 at 9:01 PM, maxmp said:

Thanks. Finally I find the answer. This is why my smartphone (Black Shark 2) get no sound output via usb dac in Poweramp. After I install USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP). After I uninstall UAPP everything is fine. No error found.

• 1 year later...