eq settings per bluetooth device

hypomaniac-eric

@maxmpI think there's a bug with the way Poweramp handles saving the eq presets per bluetooth device.   Sometimes when i connect a device it shows the previous one and eq.  and when switching the eq setting to the one i need then when the next song comes it switches back to the previous one again.   sometimes if i turn on my headphones and back on then it will show up as the correct device.   yesterday i had the speaker listed in there twice for the eq setting/device!!!!  once was checked and the other was unchecked.   I've been noticing these issues for the last few days.   I hope there's a fix.   either Poweramp is reading the wrong BT device or android is not consistent on what it's reporting. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've signaled this in the beta thread but now that I see this thread, I think it's better to keep the problem here.

So I have the exact same problem as hypomaniac-eric.

My original post:

Hello,

I've opted for beta to test the wonderful equalizer-by-BT-device feature. It works quiet well, but sometimes it won't work. Especially with the Bluetooth from my car.

When connecting to my car, the wrong equalizer preset is selected. I have to close Poweramp then remove it for recent tasks (sometimes I even have to force close it). When it restarts, it chooses the right preset. As long as I don't close Poweramp, if the wrong preset is used, even if I change preset manually, when the next song starts, the wrong preset will be selected again.

I have the problem when connecting to my BT car, and also for the device following my car audio, so I think it is linked to the BT of my car. I've triple checked settings, removed presets, recreated it, but it's the same.

I use Tasker for BT tasks and it manages to handle all BT devices well, so I think the problem is in Poweramp.

10 hours ago, Pilou42 said:

I've signaled this in the beta thread but now that I see this thread, I think it's better to keep the problem here.

So I have the exact same problem as hypomaniac-eric.

My original post:

Thanks for posting.   I haven't heard a response from Max yet.  Surely he knows about this issue by now. 

• 2 months later...

@maxmp  I think i might know more about the EQ bluetooth devices bug.   I resaved a EQ setting as the same name and overwritten it, then after that when reconnecting my bt device i then had two of the same device under the bt settings for that EQ preset.   So I deleted the eq preset and then saved a new one under the same name and was back to one BT device for that preset.

Archived