Playlists include songs that are not playable

Infinarius

Hello there,

yesterday I exported my power amp playlists to a folder on my internal storage. Next I copied all my music from my old SD Card to my new SD Card via PC. After inserting the new SD Card to my phone and relocating the exported playlists from my internal storage to the music folder of my new SD Card, the playlists were still visible in Poweramp and they also seemed to be filled with the correct songs, but the songs weren't playable because "the storage has been deleted". Also power amp shows up each and every song twice and registers 29 playlists (correct) and 5700 songs (incorrect, I only have half as much in my music folder).

It would be great for me if someone had some time to help me.

Greetings

Jerry

I would suggest doing a Full Rescan (in Settings > Library) to remove the old entries which no longer exist as your new SD Card will have been given a new name and path by Android. First though, check that the new path is ticked in  Settings > Library > Music Folders.

Playlists are now meant to be able to resolve the changed root directory name, so try again once the new folder structure has been scanned. If still no luck, you may need to edit the lines in the playlist file(s) to reflect the new directory name that Android has invented. This will be the same search/replace for all of the lines in each of the playlist files (they are plain text, so any decent text editor will do it easily).

Andre

Archived