Hide status and navigation bar on visualization

M Akmal

Hide Status Bar is checked under Look & Feel?

I don’t know if it’s the means by which you mirror it to your TV screen that’s forcing the status bar to appear.

My particular device (FiiO X5iii) is still on android 5.1.1 but has the navigation buttons hidden by the player’s firmware. So those might not be removable on newer Android versions.

11 hours ago, Fitzian said:

Hide Status Bar is checked under Look & Feel?

I don’t know if it’s the means by which you mirror it to your TV screen that’s forcing the status bar to appear.

My particular device (FiiO X5iii) is still on android 5.1.1 but has the navigation buttons hidden by the player’s firmware. So those might not be removable on newer Android versions.

I don't want to checked it. I want to hide it only if i turned on the visualization, and reappears again after i turned it off, or when the control buttons is showing up.

3 hours ago, M Akmal said:

I don't want to checked it. 

It's a simple on/off control I'm afraid, you either select it or you don't. It does not hide the status bar in some views but not others. You can always restore the bar by simply dragging down from the top of the screen though.

Andre

Sorry for late reply. I know it just a simple hide status bar switch, but please can you make an additional option for visualization-enabled only? Even so, I can hide the status bar, but the navigation bar still not hiding. so this still looks annoying to me.

Screenshot_2020-01-04-01-04-18-98_345bb2134bfb84a7decceb0b36861421.thumb.png.2c09980cbd8d8e6268b3257f75f9e132.png

@M Akmal thanks for the request. The android navbar look depends on Android version and skin, so it's not directly controlled by Poweramp. For Android 5-9 there is a default skin option transparent android navbar (looks like you're using it). If it's disabled, navbar is solid and we can't go full screen, so this full screen option depends on skin option.

On Android 10 there are 4 + 1 navbar modes (3 buttons, pill, gesture line, no gesture line + semibroken variants, like on Huaweis), and everything gets too complicated.

I will try to add this option with the appropriate description requiring transparent skin navbar option on Android 5-9.

Thank you for your reply @maxmp, I appreciate your work.

Why don't you try to fully hide it anyway. My android version (Android 9) supports navbar hiding for many apps like games and video players (as you can see in this video (pay attention to the right side): https://drive.google.com/file/d/19NxnMzs6BP_25mpph1tIKOI7_oXC3orb/view?usp=drivesdk ). So maybe, you could make it so.

Now I use 3rd party skin for fully transparent navigation bar. Still not looks perfect, but better.

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I guess just giving the current 'Hide Status Bar' functionality a separate settings switch, so you can also activate it only when Visualisations are running, would be a good compromise.

Andre

Yup, that's it. That's what I'm hoping :)

Archived