Perm rescanning problem

Kloppstock

Lately PA Build 838 have started to fail  for me in thermes of....it performs new library rescans ("Scanning folders...." including a "Full Rescan" at the same time)

After it pretend to be done scanning it will restart  a new scan as soon as i start to navigate inside  my playlist....so this scanning have lasted for 5 days now..and this is  clearley 

what is now causes performance problems when i swipe for next song, there is a delay cause of this

I have tested restart my phone also

I can't update PA to latest build cause i dont have enough space on my phone.

Anything else i can test? before i get myself a my new phone

8 hours ago, andrewilley said:

You can first export and the later re-import settings, see the bottom of the Settings menu.

Andre

Thanks have never seen this setting before  as usual with my phone though.. no backup file (same as playlist)

are being created at that SD-card location where PA claims it have been created after you press the button.

But what if i remove the SD-card from the phone and reinsert it to see if it resolve? will there be any setting losses?, i have all my music on the SD-card...connected to the playlists

Seems to me i have manage to fix the accuall scanning problem now,  there was 1 deleted song-titel-remain  inside one of the playlist, that i now have manually removed and now the performance is back all of sudden

However i still wanna hear your answer about succeding to export setitngs. I also earlier saved some playllists on my SD-card on a location i picked myself...and i cant get it of the phone to harddrive and that is related to the issue that the settings doesnt export to SD-card, so i think  its the phone (Lenovo A Plus) rather than the SD-card that  act as its write protected "Error while copying file or map: Unidentified error" when i try to copy the Mp3u8 to harddrive, if im getting a new phone i need to get this Mp3u8 of this phone

9 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

Uninstall and reinstall will also require the license to be re applied. I struggle with space on my phone and my strategy is to uninstall app such as youtube or any other manufacturers app. It will create more space without it getting removed. I then update my favourite app manually. This works .. so far

yes i know about the license, i have uninstalled all apps i dont need and i still only have 371 mg free, how much do you have?

There is a risk if i uninstall that the new version thats out is going to be to big in size :) therefore i cant even unistall my favourite apps like PA in my situation.

I just need a new phone faster than i want

Export Settings saves to internal device storage, not to SD Card. Some Android versions mess up the original default path to storage though - does /storage/emulated/0/ exist on your device? Also are you using the latest PA (build 841) as I think Max made some changes to try to bypass those issues.

Andre

On 9/21/2019 at 6:27 PM, andrewilley said:

Export Settings saves to internal device storage, not to SD Card. Some Android versions mess up the original default path to storage though - does /storage/emulated/0/ exist on your device? Also are you using the latest PA (build 841) as I think Max made some changes to try to bypass those issues.

Andre

There is no option to choose export location in PA Build 838, it have choosen SD-card as the only option

I dont have any free space to update PA, and if i uninstall and reinstall i loose the settings lol

371 mg is not enough for a little update for some reason 

14 hours ago, Kloppstock said:

I dont have any free space to update PA, and if i uninstall and reinstall i loose the settings lol

Clear your Android cache, that should give you enough space short-term to update any apps that need more memory for the update process. Or delete a big app (something like Facebook) and re-install it afterwards. 

Andre

On 9/24/2019 at 9:13 AM, andrewilley said:

Clear your Android cache, that should give you enough space short-term to update any apps that need more memory for the update process. Or delete a big app (something like Facebook) and re-install it afterwards. 

Andre

I have a cache clearing app ;) for that (360 security lite) hmmm....i could uninstall Quora if you insist....i have been afraid to loose some settings just....

So you confim that its in the latest version you can choose internal memory to save your settings?

1 hour ago, Kloppstock said:

So you confim that its in the latest version you can choose internal memory to save your settings?

That should be the default. Just a thought, but you haven't tried to install PA to your memory card have you? It should be on internal memory. Music files can be on SD Card of course,

Andre

On 9/26/2019 at 1:06 PM, andrewilley said:

That should be the default. Just a thought, but you haven't tried to install PA to your memory card have you? It should be on internal memory. Music files can be on SD Card of course,

Andre

You re right, i had moved PA to SD-card, now the crap-phone claim it have moved it back to internal storrage, but in reality that didnt happen

And the settings stil claim SD-card location for exporting PA settings, so that is also proof it didnt work

i removed my last app that wasnt acute and i still only have 395 mb that is not enough for PA to update

However i notice that i have actually never cleared my app-cache with my app, therefore i have 50 mb of cache that i need free now,

what do i delete if i delete cache? anything important?

Secondly, i  notice i must deactivate auto-library scan, as soon as i activate it...the never ending scan returns and hoog performance

Try to get PA back onto internal memory properly before trying to tackle anything else.

Deleting the system cache does nothing bad, go into your device Android Settings > Device or Device Care > Storage > and you should see either a Clean Up button, or size of different areas (including Cache), in which case tap on Cache to clear. 

However updating to the latest version won't help, it will still want to export to the memory that PA is installed to.

Andre

Archived