Poweramp
Sign in to follow this  
marcurelio

Issues with Android head unit

Hi all. I just bought an Android, PX5 based head unit for my car. It works fine, but the music player is nearly unusable. As many owners of these devices, I turned to Poweramp and am happy with it. Just a couple of issues are bothering me:

• When I turn the ignition off. Poweramp keeps on playing on background. When I come back and turn ignition on (on the next day, for instance), it will be two or three tracks ahead from where I left it.
  • Also, on resume (turning ignition on), Poweramp will be paused for some reason
  • The physical button on the unit for going to next or previous track won't work on Poweramp 3. I had to downgrade to version 2 for this to work.

I didn't find answers to this on the forum, but it's perfectly possible I was not searching right. If that's the case, I apologize. I'm trying to work around those issues using Tasker, with no success so far.

Thank you for your attention, any help will be gratly appreciated.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I have to add one of such head units to my test devices pool, as head units require some specific workarounds, it seems.

Hi peeps,

since I also moved over from the S160 to the PX5 I encountered an issue with the reboot after hibernation. Poweramp re-starts and starts playing, but stops and closes immediately. I am using the Hal9k ROM, which also have some possibilities of re-starting apps after hibernation. But I can't work out why this is happening. How can I determine what causes this behaviour?