HTC u12+ USB-C eq fail

turbo5800

Hey i run into a wired issue...

I use Poweramp full version since i had my HTC one m7 until now...Best sound ever when listening to Hardstyle/Hardcore techno from Q-dance etc. use as always "techno" equalizer and then bass to 50-60% with extreme bass i ear headphones.  and "Tone button and limited are on . 

al sounds as is should..now ....i got new htc u12+ with HTC usb-c headphones. Now when i play the same mp3 files in highest qvality as before and same settings it does not sound clean at all...

When a light high noize/voice is played in the song the headphone does make microseconds long explotion sounds like hearing a firework rocket explode ....This does not happend when not using USB-C headphones....i tried all i know and found out that when i in the Equalizer go to "4k" slider and increase db to max this sound gets so extreme that it sounds like home recorded high sound indoor techno party where the bass does consume all focus and does scratch all sound...but when i turn 4k slider to the bottom - it dissappears but not 100% yet......

Can someone tell me why 4k slider on USB-C headphones does making pfffft explotion noize when on jack 3.5 mm does not??? and what can be the reason for thaT? is it hardware failure or software? maybe firmware???

help this does sometime still make some music tracks no able to enyoj for listening at all 

tryed to record mp3 with computer mic but was hard to record soz....but half ways in the mp3 when he starts singing/shouting.....it normaly does not sound like he yells 200% volume but no i can hear that with on normal jack stick clean 

Unfddtitled.mp3

5 hours ago, turbo5800 said:

Hey i run into a wired issue...

I use Poweramp full version since i had my HTC one m7 until now...Best sound ever when listening to Hardstyle/Hardcore techno from Q-dance etc. use as always "techno" equalizer and then bass to 50-60% with extreme bass i ear headphones.  and "Tone button and limited are on . 

al sounds as is should..now ....i got new htc u12+ with HTC usb-c headphones. Now when i play the same mp3 files in highest qvality as before and same settings it does not sound clean at all...

When a light high noize/voice is played in the song the headphone does make microseconds long explotion sounds like hearing a firework rocket explode ....This does not happend when not using USB-C headphones....i tried all i know and found out that when i in the Equalizer go to "4k" slider and increase db to max this sound gets so extreme that it sounds like home recorded high sound indoor techno party where the bass does consume all focus and does scratch all sound...but when i turn 4k slider to the bottom - it dissappears but not 100% yet......

Can someone tell me why 4k slider on USB-C headphones does making pfffft explotion noize when on jack 3.5 mm does not??? and what can be the reason for thaT? is it hardware failure or software? maybe firmware???

help this does sometime still make some music tracks no able to enyoj for listening at all 

tryed to record mp3 with computer mic but was hard to record soz....but half ways in the mp3 when he starts singing/shouting.....it normaly does not sound like he yells 200% volume but no i can hear that with on normal jack stick clean 

Unfddtitled.mp3

Does it help when you reduce the Preamp-Setting in the EQ ? Or disable/enable DVC ?

i found little improvement by reducing eq slider "4k" all easyway down... now most sound 97% clean but it still happens on some tracks.. special when there is shallow bass singing at high note like "s" or long eeee's along sounds like electronic high guitar or piano... almost like the it can not transmit all the sound volume apart. so it maybe takes 2 sounds that normal should play apart as one but instead combines them and then the headphones makes distortion sound caused by overload

• 3 months later...

Ok i have tryed now to change just 1 settings then reboot phone each time and try to hear if it changed. I done that With all settings possible to change in Poweramp and in my phone to...it keeps having that problem abit not much with 2/4k all the way to bottom ...and it also happens just when watching movie over Netflix or Plex but not when using Youtube .....i now installed a new bought Equalizer for android and that reduced it abit more..so now i actually waiting for HTC to contact me since this sounds like a simple android phone setting error made by HTC ...its like when u deactivate in Poweramp "reduced..." buttom and the above "Sound" sorry mine is in Danish so dont know excactly the name of the buttons but the ones under Eq button...WHen u deactivate that ur system does not reduce the sound volume so it goes high and when system and headphones have a sound to high to play it makes distorted sounds instead ...so for me HTC did not test of the Sound system codecs with headphones on USB-C....

Archived