Explicit tags / symbol / sign

JoSphere

I can't quite see the point of this when PA can only play music that you have specifically chosen to add to your device. It might be different if PA could play streaming content, of which you may not be aware, but you've placed every track on your device deliberately.

Also, how is PA meant to know how a track contains explicit lyrics, and indeed what you happen to consider explicit in the first place, and in what language (different people have different "profanity acceptance" thresholds - some might object to "Damn" or "Bloody" in English, whereas others are fine with those but don't accept the F-word or C-word). As far as I'm aware, there is no universally accepted tag to flag this though - ITunes creates its own "iTunes Advisory" tag, but that's not in the generally-accepted ID3 spec so would only work with iTunes downloads, and if you happened to agree with their judgement on the matter.

Probably your best solution for now would be to add the word "[EXPLICIT]" to any track titles you are concerned about.

Andre

3 hours ago, superluig164 said:

How about just a word list in settings to scan for in the lyrics, and if it is there, mark the song?

How many songs have lyrics hard encoded in the tags though? I have 5,000+ audio files on my phone, and as far as I know pretty-much none of them have embedded lyrics.

But my point is still, you put the songs there, if you don't want ones with dodgy lyrics, don't put them there. Rather like I can't see the point of a thumbs-down icon in a player that only handles files saved on your own device. Both are valid features for players that can find and/or stream music that you don't have direct control over though.  

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

How many songs have lyrics hard encoded in the tags though? I have 5,000+ audio files on my phone, and as far as I know pretty-much none of them have embedded lyrics.

But my point is still, you put the songs there, if you don't want ones with dodgy lyrics, don't put them there. Rather like I can't see the point of a thumbs-down icon in a player that only handles files saved on your own device. Both are valid features for players that can find and/or stream music that you don't have direct control over though.  

Andre

Okay, that's true.  Perhaps just a Poweramp-only tag would suffice for now?  

Archived