Advisory Tags Displayed in Poweramp

SwanMess

I'm  a bit puzzled as to why you would want this - it's not like Poweramp is a streaming player that could find random songs online that you don't want. You placed all of your songs on your device manually, so presumably you want them there and are happy with any explicit content?

Andre

19 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I'm  a bit puzzled as to why you would want this - it's not like Poweramp is a streaming player that could find random songs online that you don't want. You placed all of your songs on your device manually, so presumably you want them there and are happy with any explicit content?

Andre

Why have advisory tags on Poweramp?

- It's a Tag

Without tags, Poweramp won't be able to identify songs and albums properly. Advisory tags are now a standard tag in today's music files, especially in .m4a music files. Poweramp can take advantage of this market and become the first music player on Google Play to identify and display advisory tags in its player.

- A Potential Plus for Apple Users Switching to Android

There are some former Apple users/current Android users that still purchase music from the iTunes store to this day. Some are fans of advisory tags being displayed in the music player.

- Gives Poweramp a Modern Attribute of Today's Music Player

Yes, Poweramp isn't a music streaming player, but it can have an attribute of one. For example, the iTunes player alone on PC/Mac isn't just a streaming player, it can play local music files too. As an added bonus, if a music file has an explicit tag, it can neatly identify and display it next to the track name.

There are dozens of possible ID3 tags, I guess it's hard to decide which of the minor ones should be displayed in an already rather cluttered player interface without a compelling reason why one specific one would be essential. Why do you think it needs to be displayed during playback when you are the person who manually added the track in the first place?

Andre

Archived