Simplified album artist image selection

djdarko

Sometimes it's nice to set the artist image as a specific album: newest, best, most iconic etc. but doing so generally takes several steps going into the SD Card / file system menu, I can imaging some users don't even realize that the possibility exists.

Would it be possible to simplify this by either adding a simple + button in the album page, or an extra option in the 3 dots menu?

Probably too cluttered to do this:

652523840_ArtistImage1.thumb.png.23c0e302c06be2618941f5d98910ac83.png

This would probably work better:

1514771804_ArtistImage2.thumb.png.407c85dc27f3927651fe12bae3b87f21.png

3 hours ago, djdarko said:

Sometimes it's nice to set the artist image as a specific album: newest, best, most iconic etc. but doing so generally takes several steps going into the SD Card / file system menu, I can imaging some users don't even realize that the possibility exists.

Would it be possible to simplify this by either adding a simple + button in the album page, or an extra option in the 3 dots menu?

So you are saying that pressing the "Image" Button, then "Pick from GALLERY" ist too complicated ?

Where do you propose the get the new image from ? From the album arts in PowerAmps internal database ? So that the user could navigate through the library to the desired song or album ?

55 minutes ago, blaubär said:

So you are saying that pressing the "Image" Button, then "Pick from GALLERY" ist too complicated ?

Where do you propose the get the new image from ? From the album arts in PowerAmps internal database ? So that the user could navigate through the library to the desired song or album ?

I guess I didn't explain it clearly, it would select the art from the album you are currently looking at. It could also keep the old style if you need to do something more advanced, such as selecting a specific image that's not part of your cover images, but this would be to make it much easier for basic used.

There would be far less steps doing this, especially for 100+ artists.

Starting from the list screen:

Old way - 7 Steps

1. 3 Dots

2. Image

3. Pick from Gallery

4. Select Common Folder (SD Card / Music)

5. (Scroll through list, find folder) Click Artist Folder

6. Click Album Folder

7. Click cover.jpg

Proposed new way (from example two) - 2 Steps:

1. 3 Dots

2. -> Set Artist Image

I hope that makes sense.

Archived