need help on lists, queue and play selection and how to.

Min Sik

HI. I am a late comer to Poweramp but as soon as i heard the sound it blew me away. 

Nothing else came close and i have tried several dozen players, deleted and moved on. Now here was a keeper.

BUt i have some limited understanding on the play order, making queue work for me and why some unexpected music plays after the next song that I am surprised how did that get there. 

I am a folder organised person with artist or band and then albums in that folder, under a few genre high level folders. 

ie, rock, blues, folk. then in rock is Ten years after, Chris Pohlman etc.

So in the folder heirachicle i go to the rock, then ten years after then the album, then click the first song which it then plays. All good and simple. But if I add some to the queue and play them, go back to the folder view and select from there, i seem to get the queue playing again and yet I thought the selected file, and it brings the album to play, but it goes back to the queue. 

I would like to use the queue to add a few songs then when happy, to then play that queue. It seems as soon as adding anything to the queue it jumps to the queue and plays that instead of the list i had originally playing. 

so initially I would like to add songs or albums from the list view to the queue BUT NOT play the  queue yet. then when i decide to go and play the queue i select the top menu, gueue and play first song etc. Is this possible. 

Likely its just me as a newby baby but some guidance would be nice. Version is paid by google and 820 installed. 

!!!!! Seek and you will find. I did just find in the "library, queue, dont play on adding to queue!" Yippee.. One down.

35 minutes ago, Min Sik said:

HI. I am a late comer to Poweramp but as soon as i heard the sound it blew me away. 

Nothing else came close and i have tried several dozen players, deleted and moved on. Now here was a keeper.

BUt i have some limited understanding on the play order, making queue work for me and why some unexpected music plays after the next song that I am surprised how did that get there. 

I am a folder organised person with artist or band and then albums in that folder, under a few genre high level folders. 

ie, rock, blues, folk. then in rock is Ten years after, Chris Pohlman etc.

So in the folder heirachicle i go to the rock, then ten years after then the album, then click the first song which it then plays. All good and simple. But if I add some to the queue and play them, go back to the folder view and select from there, i seem to get the queue playing again and yet I thought the selected file, and it brings the album to play, but it goes back to the queue. 

I would like to use the queue to add a few songs then when happy, to then play that queue. It seems as soon as adding anything to the queue it jumps to the queue and plays that instead of the list i had originally playing. 

so initially I would like to add songs or albums from the list view to the queue BUT NOT play the  queue yet. then when i decide to go and play the queue i select the top menu, gueue and play first song etc. Is this possible. 

Likely its just me as a newby baby but some guidance would be nice. Version is paid by google and 820 installed. 

!!!!! Seek and you will find. I did just find in the "library, queue, dont play on adding to queue!" Yippee.. One down.

The "queue" in Poweramp is a special temporary playlist mainly used to play songs outside of the playlists you are listening to without disturbing these playlists. That's the reason why the queue starts playing as soon as you have added something to it.

What you want can be done with a "playlist". Long press on a song or an album, a menu will appear, then don't choose ">> Queue" but "+ Playlist". Choose an existing playlist or create a new one. When you want to play it, access "Playlists" via the library ( button left below on the navbar ). If the category "Playlists" isn't shown, switch it on via the 3-dot-button in the above right corner of the library view, the choose "List Options" and enable "Playlists".

The queue can be set to start playing as soon as you add anything to it, or after the currently playing song has finished, which is a bit neater. You can always press the >> button (or swipe left) to move directly on to the next song - i.e. the queue - anyway. To change this mode, disable Settings > Library > Queue > Start Playing Queue Immediately.

Andre

all helpful information so i thank you. 

I have found that the non playing queue is working well for me. I have yet to get into the playlist finer points but for now the simple understanding seems to have got a usable system.

so many ways, so many options. :)

Archived