shuffle songs

hypomaniac-eric

"

Check that Repeat mode is set to Repeat List, otherwise it won't start the list again. If Repeat is OFF it will stop at the end, or if Repeat is set to Advance List it will move on to the next list, using the following shuffle logic:

Shuffle Songs will shuffle all the songs in the current category (such as a Playlist, or Album, or Folder, depending on what mode you are listening in). When finished, it will move on to the next category in regular order (such as next playlist, album or folder) and play that shuffled too.

Shuffle Categories will play songs in regular order, and once finished it moves to a new random category and plays the songs from that in regular order.

Shuffle Songs/Categories will shuffle all the songs in the current category, and when finished it will pick a new category at random and play that shuffled too.

Andre"

So if i want to just shuffle songs in one playlist which one do i want?  The first option then?  When I try to "shuffle songs" it seems like it plays mostly certain artists on the playlist but skips or omits most the others.    does shuffle categories work for playlists?  or Shuffle songs/categories?   There's too many options it's confusing.  I want to just shuffle the dang playlists like normal.   I have so many songs in my playlists and the playlists get restarted, I never see the difference in the other shuffle options how they go to the next playlist.   

11 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

So if i want to just shuffle songs in one playlist which one do i want?  The first option then?  When I try to "shuffle songs" it seems like it plays mostly certain artists on the playlist but skips or omits most the others. 

That would be a bug. Perhaps you can document this behaviour and the settings that produce it with some screenshots so that we are sure we're talking about the same scenario ? Before that you could do a "Full Rescan" to make sure the library isn't compromised.

EDIT: I created a small playlist and played it with the shuffle-button from the list view. It switched to shuffle songs and categories and played all the songs. A manual change to shuffle songs also played all the songs. Then I played the list with the play button and tested both shuffle options, they worked. I then played by tapping the first song instead of buttons, also worked well.

072019162949.jpg

11 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

So if i want to just shuffle songs in one playlist which one do i want? 

Just start playing the playlist (using the Shuffle icon at the top of the list if you like, or just tap on a song title).

Then make sure that the Shuffle mode is set to "Shuffle Just Songs", which as I said in the quoted post will shuffle all of the songs in the current category (i.e. your Playlist in this case).

What happens next depends on what you set the Repeat mode to: 'Repeat Off' will stop playback once all of the songs in the Playlist are done. 'Repeat List' will play the whole same shuffled Playlist again, continuously. 'Advance List' will move on to the next Playlist and play those songs in shuffled order (and so on). Note:If you had set the Shuffle mode to 'Shuffle Songs/Categories', then the next Playlist picked by Advance List would be chosen at random rather than in order.

Andre

Archived