Random Song shifting Interuption?/Not repeating playlist

Kloppstock

How should i know if this is a bug or something i have done wrong?

I notice anyhow that with version 3 that it seems it wont repeat the playlist. I dont know if it even completes

since im sleeping but i allways wake up nowdays to silence and see that previous/or next song

is set to 0.0.0 and i must restart, sometimes this happens fast after just after a fiew songs. This did not happen in version 2

I have not actiavated anything except

Shuffle songs/categories  V or Schuffe categories (i dont know what it means i notice no difference from shuffle songs/categories)

Repeat List V

That should be enough to not cause this right?

Just now, Kloppstock said:

I notice anyhow that with version 3 that it seems it wont repeat the playlist. I dont know if it even completes

Check that Repeat mode is set to Repeat List, otherwise it won't start the list again. If Repeat is OFF it will stop at the end, or if Repeat is set to Advance List it will move on to the next list, using the following shuffle logic:

Shuffle Songs will shuffle all the songs in the current category (such as a Playlist, or Album, or Folder, depending on what mode you are listening in). When finished, it will move on to the next category in regular order (such as next playlist, album or folder) and play that shuffled too.

Shuffle Categories will play songs in regular order, and once finished it moves to a new random category and plays the songs from that in regular order.

Shuffle Songs/Categories will shuffle all the songs in the current category, and when finished it will pick a new category at random and play that shuffled too.

Andre

15 hours ago, andrewilley said:

And this is definitely a Playlist that you are listening to, not the Queue for example (which has slightly different rules)?

Andre

Im going into my playlist and press shuffle songs and categories

It happend again tonight and i might have a suggestion...i have this well known app "360 security" installed and it performs auto-cleaning occasionally in the background

emptying batterys on apps..however it dont close an active playing Poweramp..but maybe it interupt the currently played track i dunno?...when it hits Poweramp.

In such case the solution is not for me to uninstall 360 security, the resolution is in such case to re-launch the protection

from battery cleaning operations from Poweramp 2, thats my experience atleast that i didnt have that experience

1 hour ago, Kloppstock said:

Im going into my playlist and press shuffle songs and categories

That should play all of the Playlists that you have created (with randomised song order) and then it should start again. The only thing I can think of it something is stopping PA for some reason, or there are files which is has trouble reading at some point which can also cause a stop if there are enough of them.

Andre

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/4/2019 at 4:56 PM, andrewilley said:

That should play all of the Playlists that you have created (with randomised song order) and then it should start again. The only thing I can think of it something is stopping PA for some reason, or there are files which is has trouble reading at some point which can also cause a stop if there are enough of them.

Andre

According to me there is no practial difference between "shuffle songs and categories" and "shuffle songs"....to me both alterantive shuffle just the selected playlist only

Im getting crazy though that this  "shuffle songs and categories" is the new deafult mode button to start any shuffle once you enter a playlist.

What is the tauth behind that? ...to change from this mode you have to go into the song you currently playing to get to the box with other shuffle alterantives...thats not a shortcut

Right now i cant conclude if this topic error is still present for me

By the way can you redicrect me to any manual on version 3 on this site? Or am i supposed to ask all questions on this board?.

And possibly create a new topic for every question then? for example what happend to filter-search inside a playlist i would then ask in a new topic ;)

1 hour ago, Kloppstock said:

By the way can you redicrect me to any manual on version 3 on this site? Or am i supposed to ask all questions on this board?. 

The first thing to do would be to use the search function on this forum. Most questions have already been asked and answered.

On 1/4/2019 at 1:16 AM, andrewilley said:

And this is definitely a Playlist that you are listening to, not the Queue for example (which has slightly different rules)?

Andre

So far Kloppstock didn't conclusively answer that.

@Kloppstock : what exactly do you play ? A playlist or the queue ? Could you provide a screenshot that gives evidence as to what exactly you play ?

4 hours ago, blaubär said:

@Kloppstock : what exactly do you play ? A playlist or the queue ? Could you provide a screenshot that gives evidence as to what exactly you play ?

Here you got a screenshot and the new context

"According to me there is no practial difference between "shuffle songs and categories" and "shuffle songs"....to me both alterantive shuffle just the selected playlist only

Im getting crazy though that this  "shuffle songs and categories" is the new deafult mode button to start any shuffle once you enter a playlist.

What is the tauth behind that? ...to change from this mode you have to go into the song you currently playing to get to the box with other shuffle alterantives...thats not a shortcut"

Screenshot_2019-01-28-20-46-43.jpg

On 1/28/2019 at 5:10 PM, blaubär said:

Are you two satisfied with the screenshot now? :)

On 1/28/2019 at 9:22 PM, Kloppstock said:

Here you got a screenshot and the new context

"According to me there is no practial difference between "shuffle songs and categories" and "shuffle songs"....to me both alterantive shuffle just the selected playlist only

Im getting crazy though that this  "shuffle songs and categories" is the new deafult mode button to start any shuffle once you enter a playlist.

What is the tauth behind that? ...to change from this mode you have to go into the song you currently playing to get to the box with other shuffle alterantives...thats not a shortcut"

Screenshot_2019-01-28-20-46-43.jpg

You are right, shuffling playlists only ever shuffles the one playlist.

EDIT: or does it shuffle ? I don't have enough lists to test, I'll try.

Max has already announced that he would enhance the functionality behind this button so that you can invoke a list of shuffle modes to select from.

I tried the shuffling of playlists. Result : it works fine.

@Kloppstock : I created 5 playlists. I then did several test runs.

- I started in Library > Playlists and hit the shuffle button. "Shuffle songs/Categories" was selected and it shuffled the songs and the playlists, meaning that after the first playlist was finished not the second in order was played but another one, and so on through all playlists.

- I started in Library > Playlists > [a particular playlist] and hit the shuffle button : same result

- Changing the shuffle mode to ""Shuffle Songs" play the playlists in normal order

- activating Settings > Library > List > Shuffle Category Songs didn't change this behaviour to shuffling all songs in all playlists, but it isn't expected to

Result : shuffling work in playlists as it should

Question : so you got other results ? what exactly did you test ?

7 hours ago, blaubär said:

I tried the shuffling of playlists. Result : it works fine.

@Kloppstock : I created 5 playlists. I then did several test runs.

- I started in Library > Playlists and hit the shuffle button. "Shuffle songs/Categories" was selected and it shuffled the songs and the playlists, meaning that after the first playlist was finished not the second in order was played but another one, and so on through all playlists.

- I started in Library > Playlists > [a particular playlist] and hit the shuffle button : same result

- Changing the shuffle mode to ""Shuffle Songs" play the playlists in normal order

- activating Settings > Library > List > Shuffle Category Songs didn't change this behaviour to shuffling all songs in all playlists, but it isn't expected to

Result : shuffling work in playlists as it should

Question : so you got other results ? what exactly did you test ?

Thank you, sorry have not recieved any results at all im  afraid..cause i failed to pay attention to the possibibity to play through a playlist using shuffle multiplikation instead of addition in the art of playing each of the songs 1 time before swapping list

I made sure i pressed "manually" changed to "shuffle songs" before that....and that is my greatest pain...that we have to go into the current song to switch this, instead of having that "långtryck/longpress menu appear

on the acctually shuffle button instead, its was confusing that you dont need to press the shuffle buttom again after swapping list-mode!, instead its a live direktsänd process between songs just...

Archived