Poweramp will not find albums.

saza73

1 hour ago, saza73 said:

I copy the folder to your phone, but Poweramp does not see it. There  is no problem in another application.

You've already said that.

Some more info would be helpful though (see above posts). Perhaps a screen shot of the folder contents within a file explorer app, so we can see what are the file types, etc? What happens if you tap on one of these non-scanned music files inside a file explorer app, and tell it to use Poweramp to play that song? Does the song play, and if so what shows in PA's Info/Tags menu option (again, screenshot would help)?

Andre

And the running times show correctly in the tag info? No special or unusual characters in the paths, filenames or tags? And normal filename extensions (e.g. ".mp3"). If a Full Rescan doesn't help, try a clean install, or a clear-data for the app (remember to backup settings and any playlists first).

Andre

Hi.

Sorry for my English!

It seems the .cue file parsing does not working correctly: if enabled, the music library re-discovery takes forever, literally, and the music library is completely empty. I have a huge music library, about 64+ GIB. Most of it are flac or wav files, and some mp3s as well. In folder mode, all of the albums are visible, i think. In Artist mode, well, not always. When i migrated from 2.x to 3.x, Artist mode list list was  completely empty. Setting  the music folders manually, and set the auto-skip time to 0 secs as suggested in the help, does nothing. Disabling cue parsing makes things better: SOME of my album appeared. Most of them are does not have an album-art in v3, but in v2.x, ALL have. A lot of my flac files/albums listed as unknown artist/album/track in v3, but in v2.x, all displayed correctly, ALL TAGS  filled in. Some of the tags disappeared in v3. I added most of them with the Poweramp tag-editor, and, if i read it back with it, it's shows correctly. But, if i looking for them in in my music library, IN ARTIST MODE, they are not there, or, only as unknown artist/album, ... Restating the app or the whole device does not help. In the settings>music library>full re-scan option is disabled, and an "in progress" circling-style icon displayed next to it, all the time!

All missing tags are in English, no special chars: letters, numbers, and spaces only.

I completely reinstalled both the player and the unlocker, but nothing changed.

my music library looks like this, in file mode:

lor

Songs created from CUE files are completely different to normal music files, they won't have any tag info, only the actual source file that contains the actual audio data will have that. 

Try changing the value of Settings > Library > Lists > Show CUE Disc Image Files, and then rescan. 

Andre

I recently found an album which had a cue file with no Artist, Album, or AlbumArtist info. Despite the mp3 files for this album being fully and correctly tagged with no unusual characters, the album was listed in Poweramp (816) as Unknown Artist/Unknown Album. Deleting the cue file and full rescan fixed the problem.

I've no idea if this is relevant here though :D

Archived