Request for Google Play P.A. v2

simplio

Google Play updated my copy of Power Amp and I tried it and my eyes hurt looking at it. I do not like the layout. It is way to 'busy'. V2 was more or less easier for me to read and figure out. I have to wear eye glasses to see that small text. Looking at V3 is to me unbearable. My eyes are sensitive to white. It's as if though the developer had no empathy for visual impaired people who need eye glasses to see anything legible. 

Will you please link me to V2 that was on Google Play? 

I cant tell a difference in the two version's sound quality anyway. It always has been good since I bought the unlocker.

Please, more details. What exactly text is too small? What is your device (so I can compare vs v2 on it) and android version?

What white colors do you mean exactly and why didn't you change to dark skin, if it's Light skin by default for you (for updates, it defaults to Dark skin, btw).

Thanks!

(Old and new APKs are in Downloads section).

On 12/15/2018 at 2:13 AM, maxmp said:

Please, more details. What exactly text is too small? What is your device (so I can compare vs v2 on it) and android version?

What white colors do you mean exactly and why didn't you change to dark skin, if it's Light skin by default for you (for updates, it defaults to Dark skin, btw).

Thanks!

(Old and new APKs are in Downloads section).

Its font scaling on Android on a 5 inch display across the board for all apps on Google Play. That you can't do much about. The white back ground on the library views folder/library really made my eyes squint. I have to wear glasses because if not everything is a bad blur. Do you wear glasses at near 3.0 x magnification? Do you see that light is also magnified?

I can regress my statement in another thread only if you change that white back ground to black and have white font as an option. Similar to V2 but not changing the layout.

More things I have noted:

The visuals are no use to me neither because its additional battery drain. Transparency is also additional battery drain. I am using Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Not the best Android OS at battery consumption. The only thing important to me is the bass/treble/eq/expanded stereo/volume controls. Gapless needs much work. I want tracks to overlap without fading. Poweramp has a hard time due to the fact it's having to read mp3 files from a external microsd memory chip. 

OR

I suggest you change the base Android version, V3, to  Oreo so I can turn on auto-updates again for other Google Play updates for other apps and Google system apps that I use. If I happen to decide later down the road to buy a Oreo based Android I'll visit that then and hope you make the library black back ground with white font by then. Not really much to ask.

Thanks for giving me the time to voice my concerns. My high rating (5/5) I gave you on Google Play stays the same for V2.

4 hours ago, simplio said:

I can regress my statement in another thread only if you change that white back ground to black and have white font as an option. Similar to V2 but not changing the layout.

That is done via Skins, and there are both light and dark versions supplied with the core app (Settings > Look and Feel > Skins). For what it's worth, I prefer white text on a dark background too, but everything going bright/white has been a trend in Google's Material Design aspirations for a number of years now (since Lollipop I guess).

Andre

Archived