Ability to remove album artwork from list mode

moaboas

I have a large music library so having an image next to the artist name when having a category set to list makes it harder to find artists when the album artwork makes it so I have less titles on screen. I'd like the ability to have just a list with only titles like how it was in v2

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, NickIst said:

Can be useful, especially taking into acccount that usually we have a larger artwork above.

For most albums that's true, and it does seem a bit of a waste of screen space to show the same album art cover for every track when they are identical. However there a some cases (e.g. compilation albums of various singles) where the track artwork for each song might be different. Not sure how both options can easily be catered for.

Andre

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

For most albums that's true, and it does seem a bit of a waste of screen space to show the same album art cover for every track when they are identical. However there a some cases (e.g. compilation albums of various singles) where the track artwork for each song might be different. Not sure how both options can easily be catered for.

Andre

Do you mean compilation albums of singles like box sets? With one general cover and the separate covers for every disc? If yes, I don't think this option is really easy for implementing, too. As far as I know there'll be not only software problems, but source related ones. AAC files have some problems with storing several artwroks, if I'm not mistaken. Plus i use MusicBee on my PC and some albums have double artworks and it doesn't display them in any kind of lists.  

4 minutes ago, NickIst said:

Well it's almost the same in the view of technical realisation. 

Yes, whatever the reasons it's a tricky one to cover all outcomes. Personally I think a "Text Only List" option (available for any category) would be the best answer, allowing users to choose what they want to see for different modes. However to do that, Max would need to work out a solution as to where to put the little tickboxes for the multi-selection feature, which currently uses the same space as the cover art box. Perhaps one possibility would be to indent the smaller artist/album line a little way when multi-select has been activated?

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Perhaps one possibility would be to indent the smaller artist/album line a little way when multi-select has been activated?

Maybe. In any case it's difficult to consider it without visual support. And in fact it's not a big issue. Just a proposal, for compilations with several artworks it'd be possible to make a PA custom tag like "tick if the album is compilation" and then PA will display more artwork stored in its own cache/directory.

I'd like to see this too. In my case, using the 'folders hierarchy' library view almost exclusively, it would be useful even if just the tracks could be allowed to display without artwork. Everything inside a folder is considered a 'folder song' for the purposes of the list display options, meaning it's difficult to see at a glance if I've reached a track or a nested folder.

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2018 at 10:51 AM, andrewilley said:

...it does seem a bit of a waste of screen space...

Andre

Hello, ?? it waste the half screen on my smartphone. Now I always see the same huge picture in the directory? For the rest of my life? Sorry, this is a software bug.  Not only ugly, also impractical and annoying. How can I remove this giant always same picture of the folder. Please help....

domag

It is only a background placed (mostly) behind the header info at the top of a long scrollable list. The top-level views (e.g. Folders, Albums, etc) have about the same amount of space used up for their info and buttons too, but against a black background. While it'd be nice to make the image optional, you'll still have at least four lines of header info there anyway.

Andre

Thank you for reply. But even if I could turn off the image optinal, then the waste of space would still be far too much. You always have to scroll first to get to his information. Please make this header area much smaller...

Archived