Poweramp
chrisg3101

black screen/ goes to sleep

screen automatically goes black, controls, artwork etc vanish a second after usage and i need to tap screen again, and before i can do anything it returns to black screen again. Please help its driving me nuts! I am about to uninstall and buy a new player....

as a side, this new ui is a total frustration

What phone, ROM, Poweramp build, etc? Sounds like when the screen shuts off (i.e. goes to sleep) your device is being too aggressive with power-saving and shutting PA down.

Andre

I'm having this same issue. I've scoured the settings to no avail.

Samsung S9, stock, Poweramp v3-build-811-play (full version). Screen is not shutting off as if going to sleep, but the UI is hiding. Power saving is disabled for Poweramp.

Edit: It only does this when music is playing.

Screenshot_20181205-190305_Poweramp.thumb.jpg.dce55b20634d18f7cdbaa1ec2021b6bc.jpg

Edited by stackcat
clarity

You don't have a faulty Visualisation enabled by any chance do you? Make sure they are turned off using the icon on the left-hand side below the cover artwork.

Andre

41 minutes ago, stackcat said:

Well damn, now I feel like a moron. I guess I hit it on accident.

Fixed.

LOL, don't worry, that sort of thing happens a lot more often than you'd think - and it's not always immediately obvious. I do like easy fixes like that though.

Andre