Track ReplayGain & Resume On Bluetooth

turbofeet

Morning

I have been using Poweramp for years now and I think it is the best app.

However I still have problems with two things; Poweramp picking up track replay gain and also resume on Bluetooth.

1. ReplayGain

I use HTPC/Desktop software called JRiver Media Center for my music collection and all tagging is done using dBPoweramp and Tagscan. When I rip a CD or tag files I always use the FLAC file format and I get jRiver to analyse the audio which writes the replaygain tags however these do not seem to be picked up by Poweramp.

I can only assume that it's something to do with the tag names. I attach an image of the tags that jRiver has added. Which ones should Poweramp be picking up? Do I need to rename/copy some of the tag information to other tags?

2. Resume on Bluetooth

I have found that this has always been hit and miss in my car (a 2011 Ford Focus). It always seems to resume and then pause almost immediately. Sometimes it resumes again as expected but sometimes not. Just wondering if there are some other settings to allow this to just resume the once!

Cheers

M

Tags.PNG

1 hour ago, turbofeet said:

I use HTPC/Desktop software called JRiver Media Center for my music collection and all tagging is done using dBPoweramp and Tagscan. When I rip a CD or tag files I always use the FLAC file format and I get jRiver to analyse the audio which writes the replaygain tags however these do not seem to be picked up by Poweramp.

As a test, could you try re-encoding a few things as MP3s with the same ReplayGain settings? FLAC and ReplayGain haven't always played well together in the past - mostly due to enable/disable not working reliably from memory, but I'd have to find the old thread though.

Andre

13 hours ago, turbofeet said:

Resume on Bluetooth

I have found that this has always been hit and miss in my car (a 2011 Ford Focus). It always seems to resume and then pause almost immediately. Sometimes it resumes again as expected but sometimes not. Just wondering if there are some other settings to allow this to just resume the once!

I have this issue sometimes in my 2015 Nissan Pathfinder - factory stereo/Bluetooth, phone is Moto x4 Android 8.1 unlocked. When it happens I normally have to shut off the stereo and turn it back on and then it resumes as it should. Almost seems like it's an issue with not waiting for the Bluetooth to finish re-connecting. Normally when I get in and go for the first time of the day it works fine. Then When I reach my destination and do whatever and get back in the auto to go back home is when it occurs, like if I'm less than 1/2 hour away from the auto.

10 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

I have this issue sometimes in my 2015 Nissan Pathfinder - factory stereo/Bluetooth, phone is Moto x4 Android 8.1 unlocked. When it happens I normally have to shut off the stereo and turn it back on and then it resumes as it should. Almost seems like it's an issue with not waiting for the Bluetooth to finish re-connecting. Normally when I get in and go for the first time of the day it works fine. Then When I reach my destination and do whatever and get back in the auto to go back home is when it occurs, like if I'm less than 1/2 hour away from the auto.

Yeah I do think it's the car rather than Bluetooth as my Sennheiser M2s work fine. Just wondering if there was anything I could fiddle with.

Currently I can work around it by:

1. "OK Google....play", but Mrs. Google doesn't always listen.
2. The car has some voice activation features too so I press that on the steering wheel and then say "cancel" immediately and then playback usually resumes.

15 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Perhaps @maxmp could make the tag reading code case-insensitive in future then (I actually thought it was already; most other tags are defined as FirstCap, RG is generally lowercase in examples I've seen, but the ReplayGain 'spec' is all shown in caps).

Andre

Yes thank you.

dBpoweramp has a feature to add the track gain tag (without altering the audio) and this is all in lower case. Note you have to remove the jRiver (alternative Replaygain tags) first though.

It's jRiver that appears to be the one that tags it in caps:

Capture.PNG

10 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I've used foobar2000 in the past, and I seem to recall that creates the tag content in all-lowercase too.

Andre

Agreed. I am in the process of rescanning with Fubar2000 after removing the caps replaygain vorbis tags with dbPoweramp.

Good choice.

Archived